Betting Question

whaleoil

At the Start
I have a question - I've started wagering on UK racing with Ladbrokes on line and when I check the racecards, I see these numbers highlighted on a horse's entry , e.g. "80". Is this like a beyer speed rating in the US, I assume the higher it is the better shape the horse is in - am I right - i.e. it's an indication of a horses's current form? It's also surprising the amount of longshot winners come from the #1 position on the racecard - I mean top weight not post position, and I wonder why a horse's time is not postd anywhere on the form either - any reason why?
Thanks

I'm in S Ontario, Canada, but originally from Dublin - I love the betting options that your bookies offer and the minimum amount they accept in the multiple bets like Goliath, super yankees etc. - kinda sucks that they only pay double the odds on a single winner in a super yankee or higher - do any of you know other bookies that offer bet odds on a single winner in these type of bets - someone told me they do but only at the bookies office not on line.

No double odds on one winner in a Yankee only Lucky 15's. Betfred tend to give better bonuses, but I've found their early prices skinny.
As regards your question about the Ladbokes card I'll have a look later and let you know.

I've had a look on the Ladbrokes card and it isn't obvious what these ratings are. They could be Racing Post ratings or Timeform or even a private handicap rating. I've emailed Ladbrokes Customer Services to ask the question, they really should explain these things somewhere.
Meanwhile I'm sure there will be someone on here who will know immediately what they are. I personally do not hold much interest in any sort of ratings, but there are members on here that do.

I tried that and nothing happened, but my old machine is so old that I probably didn't wait long enough! It takes ages for the Ladbrokes site itself to load.
I am puzzled though, if they are official ratings, why are they not in racecard order?

Just had this reply from Laddys:

Dear Mr *****,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Horse ratings.

The ratings used on the Ladbrokes horse racing betting is Timeform.

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us again and we
will be more than happy to help you.

Yours sincerely,

Anthony Neal
Customer Services

Back