Big Dilemma

montyracing2

At the Start
Back in June, from a thread in TH, I opened an account in Racecaller and have had enormous enjoyment taking part in their competition.

I began watching racing again on Saturdays, having lost enthusiasm for the game in early 2008, and even started discussing going to meetings again with the wife.

Suddenly, in October, my wife asked me to explain horseracing form and she entered the Racecaller competiition. Came to a head today, when we both came to the same selection (not unusual as I have explained my version of trends analysis to her) and it romped home at 25/1.

This has left us both in monthly prize position, 1st and 3rd (me) and on the cusp of the annual competition, 10th and 11th (me) – last day tomorrow.

It is likely that she will narrow down, once again, to the same 4 or 5 horses as me – giving me only a small chance of overtaking her.

The Master should never allow the Apprentice to win – the runner-up always learns more.

I could use a different selection method (one my Grandad used, but he died poor) and leave myself open to the charges of keeping secrets – I’m toast.

Any views MR2

I'm on the point of changing the password to my database, then I'll declare that the software has crashed - then I'll see how much real effort she is willing to make.

Back to first principles, she might make a few mistakes.

MR2

Another, dilemma.

This morning I did an audit of my database and moved a few horses to the bottom of the pile (out of selection considerastion). One was Red Vinto - runs tomorrow.

Should that win, and I use it in competition, I should move up 3 or 4 places in both leagues to the advantage of a few hunder euros.

How strong an individual am I? - MR2

Marriage is all about trust Monty - just be honest with her if it bothers you that much.

Either way the winnings get spent on the same thing - womens clothes.

The enjoyment one gets when successfully teaching someone new skills is real in itself. How much better when that person can go past you- you win all ways.

Exactly - feel proud of her and let her win if the alternative is lyiong to her
She will give you all the credit anyway :<3: and you will deserve to take it

If she ever finds out you passed her by being dishonest with her - well ...
You will deserve what you get :cool:

I persuaded my wife that I was making a selection in the 2:15 Punchestown but it was too tricky a race for a novice like her to consider, female brains are easily fuddled by complex thinking.

I even managed to vent my spleen on the subject of AW racing - in response to how a female jockey (with a fuddled brain) had just ridden a hundred winners, I explained how sitting on a horse and guiding it from A - B in the absence of obstacles, undulatuions, changes in going etc did not take too much mental prowess.

This had the desired effect that she was determined to stay ahead of me in the leagues but because I refused to tell her the name of my selection, reasoning it was unfair on other participants, she dared not consider the same race in case my selection beat hers and ......... oh, yes.

She made hers in the 1:45.

End result, they both lost and she remained one place above me in both leagues. Still we both earned some prizemoney and I enjoyed explaining to her how much more stressful it will be when she starts using the prizemoney to bet with.

I suggested that she'll start picking selections because of their names, that she'll lose all her winnings and reaquaint herself with the kitchen.

Outcome, she spends all evening on the phone to her Mum and I'm excluded to the back room.

Overall, by encouraging her to take part in the racecaller competition we certainly have had much wider conversations.

Al the best for 2000 - lets hope the world improves

Back