Big race tomorrow :)

• Thread starter Thread starter Marble
  • Start date Start date
M

Marble

The Summer Plate at Market Rasen!:D Nothing like a bit of top jumps action to give some resbite to one, after a time consuming and some times seemingly repetative flat season.

A good field in terms of those with decent chances (I think?), and the two I'm interested in is Pilgrims Choice and Buck Mulligan.

Pilgrims Choice beat the latter 14 lengths at Ludlow in May but was receiving a massive weight concession (a stone), and given that was Buck Mulligans first run over fences for over a year, (in tomorrow with a 16 pound turnaround in the weights, although it should be said Pilgrims Choice does have a claimer on taking 3 pound off), I reckon Buck Mulligan is the more likely to show the improvement required to win this.

So Buck Mulligan for me. Thoughts?

Last edited:
A few of these look punitively handicapped for winning poor races and need to be taken on.

For all that Ostland has rather scrambled home the last twice, he is lightly raced over fences and I've liked the way he has gone about his business up to this point. He seems more open to progression than many. I also think Kangaroo Court could be on a fair mark, after losing his way last spring. I've dutched the pair and reversed the forecast.

Last edited:
A few of these look punitively handicapped for winning poor races and need to be taken on.

For all that Ostland has rather scrambled home the last twice, he is lightly raced over fences and I've liked the way he has gone about his business up to this point. He seems more open to progression than many. I also think Kangaroo Court could be on a fair mark, after losing his way last spring. I've dutched the pair and reversed the forecast.
Agree with that, which means you're fecked.

Missed the cut with No Panic so although I`ve won this twice and been second once in the last ten years ,not represented today. North Island will take some stopping however. No Panic switched to Sratford tomorrow, Plus Saphir in view of the going change

Last edited:
Back