biggest bet?

firstpastthepost

At the Start
Whos your biggest ante post or who is going to be your biggest bet for cheltenham festival?

my biggest bet has been on cousin vinny have backed him down from 10-1 to 4-1

Not my biggest but my favourite was when I was about 15. I bunked off school with my (then) girlfriend and scheduled a romantic date at the cinema. I had 10 pound in "wages" to spend on the afternoon, but had absolutely no doubt Sausalito Bay would piss up in the Supreme.

Needless to say, on the way to the cinema I dashed (girlfriend reluctantly in tow) into the bookies, had the tenner on the nag and absolutely roared the fucker in at 12's... I don't think I've ever gotten more satisfaction out of a winner actually..

She had no idea what I was getting so excited about... :D

Last edited:
Gone in hard for VPU at good odds and each-way on Punjabi. I've been sucked into the value on Denman (as 7s was just too big).

I save my big short priced bets for the course.

Did very well last year. Denman being my biggest winner both singly and in double combinations. You can only win big at the Festival if you have a strong and accurate view. While it is wise to have a bit of insurance (I usually try to protect my downside) at the Festival you need to have an opinion and weight it that way.

Having said that I've hedged on the World Hurdle and am on the big two for large amounts. Will more than double my stake if either one wins. I'll lose badly if both get beat.

I'll be looking to place bet Punchestowns at around evens (if available) for very big amounts.

Back