Bill Gates Is Sharing His Fortune

cricketfan

At the Start
Today I received the following e-mail........

Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.Bill Gates is giving out £25,000,000 to only 25 lucky winners in which your email address was luckily selected to be one our Cash Prize winners of £1,000,000 (ONE MILLION BRITISH POUNDS STERLING).

HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE CONTACT MR WILLIAMS

Mr. Williams Carpenter

Tel Number +44 703 191 1990

+44 703 184 4951

Fax Number +44 870 479 5470

Email: enquires_williamsofficesdept247@yahoo.co.uk

info_williamsofficesdept247@yahoo.co.uk

williamsoffice@officeclaimdept.co.uk

Telephone lines are open between the hours of 8:00am-19:30pm.Monday -Saturday ...
United Kingdom

Congratulations once again.
Yours in service,
Mr. Daniel Rawford

NB: PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL BECAUSE YOU MIGHT NOT BE ATTENDED TO, KINDLY CONTACT YOUR FIDUCIARY AGENT DIRECTLY FOR FURTHER DIRECTIONS.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SCAM. KINDLY REPORT ANY INTERNET SCAM OR FRAUD ON THIS LOTTERY PROMOTION TO THE MANAGEMENT OR THE CLAIMS MANAGER. ANY ONE CAUGHT PERPETRATING ANY SCAM OR FRAUD ON THIS LOTTERY PROMOTION SHALL BE PROSECUTED.

Anyone fancy phoning Daniel up and telling him to feck off ?

I always find it amazing that the people who take the time to write these don't bother to take the time to spellcheck anything. Either that or half of the dialogue is IN CAPS. Which automatically impinges on the reader's likelihood to realise it's a scam. But then again I automatically associate random CAPITALS, bad grammar and punctuation and inappropriate and overzealous use of smileys with insanity.

Also the way they give two yahoo addresses, and then one which is obviously spoofed (or do they own the domain name, mmm).

Gotta love the way he mentions scam and fraud IN CAPS about 3 times at the end of the email, just to ram the idea home in case anyone was somehow in any doubt.

Back