Bookies Dundalk

anyone, Bueller, anyone, Bueller......

As far as I was aware the dispute with Hri was never resolved and the bookies that work there are very limited, any further info welcome.

The dispute is still ongoing. There are only about maybe 20 pitches, and they wont take a massive bet no, I had a decent bet with a lad i know there, and had to go back to him after a few races to collect half my winnings as he hadnt it on him. Barney O Hare stands, may take a bet.

Depends really on a number of factors I would think - type of race, exisiting liabilities etc. I must admit I haven't been to Dundalk but I've heard the atmosphere in the ring is morgue-like and the liquidity dreadful even by today's Irish standards.

If del has the names of the regulars I might be able to PM you ballpark figures. Getting a decent heap on a nag in a maiden or early season handicap would be trying to draw blood from a stone I'd imagine.

Depends really on a number of factors I would think - type of race, exisiting liabilities etc. I must admit I haven't been to Dundalk but I've heard the atmosphere in the ring is morgue-like and the liquidity dreadful even by today's Irish standards.

If del has the names of the regulars I might be able to PM you ballpark figures. Getting a decent heap on a nag in a maiden or early season handicap would be trying to draw blood from a stone I'd imagine.

Thanks P, the up side is the big punters don't turn up and you can get a decent price on Ger Lyons runners even when he averages about 1.7 (off the top of my head) winners a meeting there.

No, that part was just an observation. Doing a bit of prep as I'm hopeing one of ours is going to come right .

Most bookmakers on course are broke. In Clonmel yesterday a 100 e/w was refused on a 9/2 shot in the bumper.

Back