Brighton

WHEN???? Oh, God, how dreadful. There's usually a young chap who runs from the SIS truck with copies of the CDs for the winning owners to watch their horses try to win their races again. Today, we were short-staffed and I ended up staggering back and forth from the winning connections' box to the van and back, in howling winds - God knows what force they were, but 50 mph would be my least guess. So I may have blundered into shot. I also seemed to get landed with looking after some sponsors, as the people who usually look after them failed to materialise. Plus doing one or two BTOs! So I was sculling around the parade ring far more than usual. I didn't know they had wide-angle lenses, though...

Zoey Bird was covering for ATR and I said to her she needed ankle weights to stop herself flying away. Turned out those are exactly what she was wearing, as she said she's trying to get fit!

In the parade-ring before the first and damned attractive you looked too!:<3:

There was one lady in the paddock before the first who looked to be suffering from hypothermia.

Quite an exposed spot in that sort of weather, isn't it?

You sure it was me you think you saw, old bean? It's probably years since you had your eyes checked... We have a couple of v. pretty young lasses working at the course now, one's permanent, one's on work experience. They're very, very slim, and looked frozen to bits today, bless them. Lovely girls - they were invited to join ex-Eastenders actor Michael Greco in his suite last meeting, and were slightly apprehensive. I said to go for it, perhaps a starring role would beckon - but no casting couch nonsense! They're an absolute pleasure to work with.

Back