Calgary Bay

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

Runs today (Cheltenham 1.40) against the reliable Kicks For Free. Plenty of 3/1 about.

I have backed Calgary Bay today as well, the only nagging doubt (apart from Knights reasonably poor form so far this year) being staying the 2m5 trip....

five bets to start the year

No Refuge

and small ones on
Farringdon
Good fella
Calgary Bay
Blue Shark

A superb horse and well done to SL fo rpicking him out in the yard many moons ago. Bags of scope and experience will only improve him tons
I got a nice win and and the straight FCT :) just as well as the rest of the day is not much cop so far! Seconditis again...

Will, I love Calgary Bay :o

Ah well, all I can say is if it was a battle between he and Kicks For Free one had to win! :lol:

Anyway, mutterings from Cheltenham were along the lines that even though there maybe preference from some quarters for waiting until Aintree... apparently there is a brand new Grade 1 two-and-a-half mile Novice Chase this season ..... the owners have a history of running Racing Demon in chases at the festival when clearly they should not!

Good luck with your bet, I dont envy you having to read about where he may or may not run in the approach to the festival !

He seems pretty versatile to me - he should be fine over 2m but he is going to be best at around 3m I'm sure. He's certainly bred to be.

was intresting to hear mccoy talking to the stable lass on the way back in saying he was pulling his arms out and showed a great will to fight up the hill (with a huge smile)

Really impressed with his jumping yesterday - very fast over his fences for such a big horse.

Might just fall in between two stools in terms of trip (at least this year) though.

Tartak gives the form a solid look.

You bloody liar, Delargy!!!! :p If I recall correctly, you were asking me how I could say he was a lovely horse when he still had a rug on - then he reappeared without the rug, you saw him properly and agreed with me!!! :p :p

He is a nice big horse but unless he has grown - a lot - since I last saw him at the yard I'd say there is no way he is the 17.2hh reported. I'd say he'd be around 17hh.

Gorgeous animal , terrific jumper and goes particularly well for AP .

I think he should be OK in the Arkle too.

Henrietta said today she / they are leaning towards the Arkle.
He's now 11 for that race on BF. I've had a small bet matched at 27

Back