Calling Ireland - Help Needed Reg. Rescued Horse

crazyhorse

At the Start
A friend of a friend of mine rescues dogs in Ireland (www.bordercollie-rescue.org); and she has now been given a horse too. She was told that it is a thoroughbred who did race, and that he is called Esteban. Now, there is a horse called Esteban in the RP database, born in 2000, trained by Eugene M o´Sullivan and owned by " The Clueless Syndicate", but RP states "died as a 7-year-old". As far as I am aware that must not mean the horse is really dead (sorry, sounds funny, but you know what I mean), so - oh, I should mention that the fellow obviously did come with no papers etc. - is there any chance to check a horses identity via microchip etc. ??? I know that german thoroughbred born after a certain date (around 2000) all must get a microchip, but not sure if thats law in Ireland. As it would be nice to know more about the horse, so any help would be much appreciated.

Morning

Somebody in the the turflcub should be able scan the horse and see if he has a chip, if he does weatherbys will be able to check the no. for you. All thoroughbreds have been chipped in Ireland since '99.

Hi Cat .....If like over here Ireland have a Dog Warden/Animal Warden Service they would certainly be able to scan the horse for any chip , failing that any veterinary practise should also be able too ..... :) The information from the chip should then be easily obtained......

If the animal was born in 2000 he would definitely have a micro chip that any vet with a scanner should be able to locate.

We found the nr and horse has identity now!! He is called ESTI AB and actually won his last race for connections, but was very sore when my friend got. Bred by Shadwell, by Danehill and the dam is out of a sister to Winning Colours.

Bred by Shadwell, by Danehill and the dam is out of a sister to Winning Colours.

Pretty amazing. I see he was with Tregoning when he started out.

What's the plan for him?

Flaming 'eck, he's worth nursing back to health!! Danehill :eek: Is he gelded?

And he came without any papers?
She should see if he's vetoed from racing, but I would imagine not
With some proper veterinary care he might be worth quite a bit of money!

Is your friend the lady who posts from Ireland on DogLost - who brings Irish BCs over to England for re-homing? - a splendid person :) Give her my regards

Let's hope he now has a long and happy future once his medical problems are rectified, Crazyhorse.

Back