Calling musicians

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
I enjoy experimenting at a (pre-)beginners' level on the keyboard.

I can rattle off chords and melodies to a few easy songs and this time last year [while messing about on the keyboard with Christmas carols] I stumbled across the chords for 'All I Want for Christmas is You' but in C rather than the 'official' G.

Unfortunately I can't get the sequence back despite several attempts. I think it starts C F Fm but after that I'm getting nowhere with it.

Anyone help?

Last edited:
Thanks, DG, but that would require me to be able to read music, which is about 100 levels above mine :lol:

Yep, saw that earlier, DG, but I'm not used to playing in G.

I think the C equiv goes C F Fm(?) but after that I'm losing it. I think it should be C next but then I totally lose it. (Yet I had it last year, which is annoying me!)

OK so I dusted my guitar off, retuned it :whistle: and came up with this which sounds about right :ninja:

C
I don't want a lot for Christmas
Am
There's just one thing I need
F
I don't care about the presents
Fm
Underneath the Christmas tree
C F
I just want you for my own
C F
More than you could ever know
C Am
Make my wish come true
C G
All I want for Christmas is...
C Am
Youuuuuuuuu
C G
Wooohhh

OK so I dusted my guitar off, retuned it :whistle: and came up with this which sounds about right :ninja:

C
I don't want a lot for Christmas
Am
There's just one thing I need
F
I don't care about the presents
Fm
Underneath the Christmas tree
C F
I just want you for my own
C F
More than you could ever know
C Am
Make my wish come true
C G
All I want for Christmas is...
C Am
Youuuuuuuuu
C G
Wooohhh

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Wow. No chance! :lol: Who d'you think I am, Mark Knopfler? :lol: Bobby Crush?? :lol::lol:

Appreciate all you efforts though!

Last edited:
Great to know that the two most famous pianists in the world remain Bobby Crush and Mrs Mills. :lol:

#mouldyolddough

Back