Can anyone help with a tech question please?

harry

At the Start
Is there an adaptor that allows you to put a HDMI input into an old plasma TV with no HDMI input sockets?
Ive ordered Sky Q and will be having Sky on our TV upstairs, which is an older (but still great) non HD Panasonic plasma with Scart leads. The Sky Q box is HD so will need a TV with HDMI plugs but I don't want to buy a new TV if there was an adaptor available. Would it work OK sound and picture but just not in HD?
I can't find anything on Google but I'm not techie.
Any advice would be most appreciated.

Last edited:
Get a new telly, you tight cu*nt! It's only tuppence for a perfectly servicable HD bowl, these days.

:cool:

Last edited:
Aside from his disgraceful rudeness. He does have a point . I just bought an lg which is superb for a couple of hundred

Aside from his disgraceful rudeness. He does have a point . I just bought an lg which is superb for a couple of hundred

No modern TV has sound.....hence you have to buy a sound bar to hear it like it should sound ....which I have with my new HD TV but my old Plasma has perfect sound.

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-HDMI-converter-convert-connect/dp/B0092IAA3I

Something like that? Haven't looked about so might be cheaper on ebay.

Why do you want Sky Q on a non HD device, I thought the selling point of Q was 4k?

On another note I have a code for half price Sky Tv, and free 38mb broadband unlimited if anyone is thinking of joining

Thanks Col. Sky Q is for our main TV downstairs; we just want sky upstairs on the old to too and we are getting Q for the same price. Not too fussed about the HD picture upstairs at the moment.

Back