Captain Chris

Ardross

Senior Jockey
Shame that he finds going left handed so difficult nowadays - surely would be a certainty in Cue Card's absence in the Ryanair if he didn't .

A top class 2m 4f horse and a much better horse on good going yet has won and run so many good races on mud that does not suit .

top class

not so sure about the ground

Hobbs has said it a number of times that he prefers better ground but it is true that he has now won a number of good races on very soft ground. He is apparently not in the Ryanair .

Last edited:
Fine horse with a fine jockey
I was certain Finians was going to win that Arkle though!

there ever been a horse that loses so many lbs switching left/right handed courses?

think there's only 2 or 3 horses in national hunt racing that would beat him over 2m4 going right handed. genuine grade 1 animal.

there ever been a horse that loses so many lbs switching left/right handed courses?

think there's only 2 or 3 horses in national hunt racing that would beat him over 2m4 going right handed. genuine grade 1 animal.

Desert Orchid ! Would have won the Gold Cup by twenty lengths the other way round. Jumps right constantly losing ground .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsau32l_vYI

Last edited:
Remain convinced he would have skelped Cue Card here last year, were it not for the complete horlicks he made of the 2nd last,

Just watching last years Gold Cup. He loses so much over almost every fence. If they ever got round without the jumping out right he would be the one to give Bobs a race.

Class act, and could be the 'fly' in the ointment ;) jumping out to right is the only issue, wondering if some kind of extra 'tack' could be of any use?

He jumps so far out to the right he's likely to be in the skittle alley at the Royal Oak In Bishops Cleeve as Bob's Worth et al fight out the finish!!!

Tuck him just in behind midfield-on the rail use those on his outside as a buffer to keep him straight. Jog around and place:whistle: please

how many more fences do they jump in a gold cup though?

was his right handed jumping even an issue when he won the arkle? was 3 years ago.

Just watched it again and he was ridden on the outside of the field and jumped right probably losing about 1/4 L at each fence . Pulled to the inside 3 out and seemed to straighten his jumping. Stayed on and won well from FL. I think its 10 more fences more than the Arlke- not sure, but someone on here who's more of an 'expert' will know . Cheers and Good Luck.

Johnson Kept him to the inside of Geraghty's mount in the Ryanair the year after the Arkle. The plan was to use other horses to stop him jumping out to the right but it didn't work.
He did jump straight once he went ahead at Ascot last time out but that will only serve to give connections hope that he may be cured.

Me thinks they will let him run with the secret proviso to pull him up if he goes wayward and not risk Punchestown.

I have no doubt he would be right there, if he could be free of the racing demon that ails him to jump like Racing Demon...

Last edited:
Back