Cashmans

Tout Seul

Senior Jockey
For a few years Cashmans was the earliest ante post book for Cheltenham on the internet. I only bet with them a couple of times because the were generally cautious.

Now days although they have numerous buttons to click for festival prices all one gets is please phone etc. Are they no longer players?

Talking about cautious Irish bookies ! see that PP have gone 16/1 Weird Al for the Gold Cup. I believe the horse is improving and only does whats needed but that's a ridiculous price.

Cashmans are dead. Ladbrokes cherry picked the shops they wanted of their chain. I would strongly advise you not to deal with the rogues left. Paddy Power are a betfair interface and no longer a bookmaker. You can get on with them no problem but they are usually the first to cut a price and rarely actuall lay one.

Last edited:
At one stage Cashmans were fantastic regarding ante post prices but they went into a steep decline in recent years.

Used to be a great independent shop in Cork called JRs that was great for early prices... Cashmans was good too but hard to get on sometimes. I remember one time trying to take a next day price for Mount Abu at 10/3 - it was forecast 9/4 in the RP and they wouldn't take it. Said the prices were "for fun". What a load of crap. I ended up not backing MA but it won. Hate tha.

Biggest bookmaker in Cork? Powers or Ladbrokes. I don't think people understand that Cashmans are gone. I think the son has lept the "brand name" but Cashamans of old is gone. The have a handfull of shops operating with the managers taking the risk and don't do ANY of their own pricing.

Back