Celestial Halo Vs Binocular

Guest_

At the Start
Looks a fascinating clash in prospect. Imagine Celestial Halo will jump out to make the running with McCoy stalking and stalking on Binocular. I think on this sort of track Binocular will do the Triumph Hurdle winner for toe and confirm the impression he made at Cheltenham.

I am very firmly in the Celestial Halo camp, and I think that the horse (who I took a while to warm to) will be a class above the usual Triumph winner. More Katchit than Scolardy.

He travelled like a serious animal at Cheltenham and jumped well. He would have won over 1m4f or 2m4f so I am not sure I agree with him being unsuited by the track.

Harper Valley would be my idea of a bet-probably win only.Won nicely at Dundalk on Friday night and his beating of Franchoek is decent enough form.

Would hope Binocular is classy enough to pick him off

Each way Harper Valley at 8/1 is a fair bet though

Celestial Halo looked like a fully mature horse at Cheltenham - on TV at least!
Not sure tho that the tighter flatter track will suit him so well against Binocular; but no bet for me

"Binocular for me, better horse and will be better suited by the course,"

I'm a bit surprised that people (I've read it on other forums as well) are saying that Aintree will suit Binocular more than Celestial Halo!!

Wasn't Celestial Halo a 'classier' flat horse?................although I suppose that is arguable.

They both look nice prospects and it is a race to enjoy without becoming too financially involved.

Wasn't Franchoek more fancied for theTriumph than Binocular? Hence his run in the Supreme Novices.

Celestial Halo beat Franchoek, hence he will beat Binocular.

Easy peasy :)

Great to see such a great performance. I'm not a man for betting a year in advance, but 12/1 for next year's Champion Hurdle seems more than fair.

It was only the 2nd time AP had ridden him, he admits he didn't get it quite right first time [and he wasn't race fit either, AP that is....]. also the track suited Binocular today better than Cheltenham I'd say. I'm certainly not doing any betting for Cheltenham at less than 100/1 - if that! - before Feb next year after this year's fiasco of NRs etc LOL

Would expect something to be decided after CBB bolts up today Granger. He'll make a better chaser than a hurdler though.

Wasn't Franchoek more fancied for theTriumph than Binocular? Hence his run in the Supreme Novices.

no they were and still are concerned about binoculars stamina , they considered the supreme would have less of a frantic pace

he seemed to empty against captain cee bee and i feel he is another good horse that would prefer the chapion hurdle to be run anywhere but cheltenham

Back