Celestial Halo

Guest_

At the Start
Got loved the way he jumped his hurdles today...showed a real apptitude for it.

Even though it was only a maiden hurdle he really impressed me and its likely the trainer has left plenty to work on. Would prefer him over the JP horse right now for the Triumph.

Yes he looked pretty good didn't he

Regarding the last at Newbury, I'm really hoping for a win from The Big Orse, I spotted him in the paddock fto last season when he was 3rd to Helen's Vision and Snap Tie. He looked quite something and I saw in the racecard he was half brother to Collier Hill - so I backed him e/w at 50/1!! :clap:

He's a bit shorter today but still overpriced imo - due to unfashionable connections maybe

Thats one of the reasons I like him for the Triumph Bar...he will love good faster ground and a strongly run two miles.

Here is a photo of Celestial Hero, sorry it's so far away...
NEWBURY29TH2007LAURAS9THBIRTHDAY026.jpg

and here is one of him in the Winner's Enclosure...
NEWBURY29TH2007LAURAS9THBIRTHDAY029.jpg

Granted the price is short and I probably wouldn’t back him myself (or indeed anything in any Triumph Hurdle) but I was impressed with him. We’ll get another chance to view him beforehand anyway.

You are probably better off ignoring me (I am a cantankerous hoor these days) but I reckon these classy flat animals with minimal miles on the clock are not the type for the hurly burly of the Triumph.

Give me an 80-rated handicapper who has been run into the ground by Cole, Hannon or Channon any day.

Tend to agree too.

I wouldn't be rushing to write him off just yet. The juvenile only received 3Ibs from what could be a pretty useful 6yo, rated 101 on the flat. The second division was 1.5 secs quicker than the first, and he might just have run into a good sort. Sentry Duty's been put in as low as 10 (Tote) for the Supreme and Rippling Ring 8's. Rippling Ring would have beaten Celestial Halo by a length, so that would put the 4yo right in amongst horses prominent in the Supreme. He came some 16L's clear of the third afterall.

Nick Shiambiroucos who's opinion I really respect commented after the race "he ran like a good flat horse meeting hurdles in his way, just didn't run like a hurdler" - agreed. I don't think he is any threat to Franchoek for the Triumph

He was a ridiculous price for the Triumph after his debut. I could understand people backing him at 7s or so if there were no outstanding candidates, but with Frachoek around, there was no way he should have been joint favourite.

That said, I understand people rating the form of today's race. Sentry Duty was a decent flat horse himself as Warbler mentions.

Judging by how far ahead the first two were, it looks to me like Celestial Halo just about ran his race today, and he's now close to a fair price for the Triumph. It looks bad on his record because he was beaten at 2/5, but the market just seems to have completely under-estimated Sentry Duty IMO.

Surely the winner goes to Cheltenham now? He has entries in the Ballymore & the Supreme, he'd be an interesting contender in the later and may sneak in under the radar following Rippling Ring's emergence today (available at 3 points bigger on BF despite posting a 1.5s quicker time with level weights).

Given the pace of the Triumph which is a always a fast run and very rough race, you really do need something which can lay up and esp which jumps fluently - can't see the race being run to suit Celestial Halo who might win a 'jog and sprint' but won't get it here

Put it this way - AP will presumably have the choice of two or three for JP - and I'd be very surprised not to see him jocked up on Franchoek

Back