Champion Bumper

PRICEWISE2008

At the Start
Anybody got any early thoughts/opinions on the Cheltenham bumper. Predictably enough but I've had an early nibble on Apt Approach, rumoured to be the best of Willie Mullins' bumper hopefuls..Got on for small money at 28 on Betfair, could turn out to be be a great price if "rumours"are to be believed..

I'm always wary of Leopardstowns Christmas bumpers. Several of the right stables send their talked about horses to the race, and some decent horses have come out of them, but not as many as you would think.

That said, Time Electric did look a bit special this year.

PRICEWISE, I have to inform you (copywright - Claude Duval) that we have our own resident Irish bumper expert.

I expect he will be on soon to give your the real state of affairs.

That Time Electric looked to have tons of ability but his action suggested he would prefer an ease although he was very green so that might have been exaggerated.

Anything in England that should be noted?

The 3rd horse in Time Electric's race, Gloonan Hill, has iffy enough form. He's been beaten by some very good horses (certainly by Downpatrick standard) but really hasn't beaten anything at all. Dashing Romeo had looked hard to win with.

That said you can't help but have been impressed by him. I wonder will he be in the same colours come Cheltenham time.

The Nightingale and Big Eared Fran look the best so far Gal (BEF now with Pipe having beaten Fal Agh Bagh et al on debut at Sandown ex-Ballydoyle inmate I think I read somewhere). The Nightingale is the Nicholls horse who won at Wincanton on Boxing Day.

Aha! You know the New Year is well under way once the debates/discussions/arguments over who knows which Mullins horse is "the one" for the Festival Bumper start......

Besides, I've got the winner of the Champion Bumper - might be next year's or I might re-route to Liverpool or Punchestown instead....

:D

Back