Changing from Sky

Ballydoyle

At the Start
After many years with Sky its finally time to end the contract as I just cant justify the costs anymore. Hubby used to watch the football all weekend - this season he has probably watched three matches at most.

So having done a bit of research it looks like a switch to BT Infinity with unlimited broadband and a saving of £50 a month!! OK the compromise is no sport or Sky Atlantic but if he isnt watching it and I can get the programmes on other devices then why keep something we dont use?

Anyone else use Infinity for their TV viewing - views?

Sky will offer you 50% off your tv package and match any broadband deal you see if you ring and cancel, maybe not immediately, but you will get a phone call back within a couple of weeks offering you it.

What do you have at the moment, what do you pay, what are you looking at moving to and what cost and I'll see what offers are available for you from various places, and give you an idea of what sky retenions will offer. Are you in a Virgin cable area?

Feel free to PM if you don't want to put the details on here

Last edited:
Virgin broadband didn't work too often for me and got p***ed around by their so called help desk. Therefore switched to BT. Much better broadband but TV not so good. All depends on your location I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i use BT for broadband..infinity..i rate it and even before that i've never had any problems with BT that i hear others having..ie 3 days with no broadband...i've used BT for 15 years and never had any issue with no connection or any problem whatsover with it..Infinity is really good.

I was going to have their TV box but as TV boxes don't seem to work wirelessly i haven't bothered.

I use Freeview..have done for years..unbeatable really..as it costs nowt and has more channels than i ever need. Had Sky before that..didn't rate how they favoured new customers with offers whilst coining it out of current customers with never an offer of anything..you had to ring up and pretend to want to pack it in to get owt from them

I never understand people having Sky ..unless they are sports mad...the cost is way more than the TV license and people moan like hell about that but shell out for Sky no issue.

Back