Chantilly

betsmate

At the Start
Three Group 2 races today, not top class, but decent fair.

PRIX DE SANDRINGHAM

I want to oppose the top of the market: Reggane won on debut and has the connections, but the form of the maiden isn't working out spectacularly and the only thing that worries me is that this isn't the strongest G2. Celebra won on debut, found one too good next time, upped in class, found one too good, upped in class again. I can leave. Homebound I expect to be there or thereabouts for the all conquring Rouget/Lemaire team, but last time out she wasn't the stable choice and she has failed to even make the frame in two G3s. At a double figure price Entre Deux Eaux is the one that interest me. Heavily raced at 2yo culminating in a listed win over a mile. This year she has placed in listed and G3 company and ran 6th in the Pouliches. Soumillon takes the ride.

GRAND PRIX DE CHANTILLY

Hard to look away from the favourite here. Two wins at this trip since placing behind Montmartre in the Grand Prix De Paris. Magadan desposed of another Fabre inmate Coastal Path last time and I'd expect him to do the same to Ideal World today. I'd be disappointed id Scintillo was good enough to take this.

I was surprised Ideal World wasnt shipped off to the States for a 4yo career so I think there may be more to come from him this year. I'll take him to beat Madagan today. I also like Entre Deux Eaux.

Magadan's my early idea of the Arc winner so he has to win today or I'm back to the drawing board (unless beaten off a slow pace where he will be vulnerable). Mind you the bookies have been appallingly stinghy in their pricing of this horse when I first made enquiries for something who's never won anythign of significance beyond a solitary Gp3 and a listed race.

Ladbrokes, hang your heads in shame (20/1|). And Stan James? you should have yours cut off. Personally I think he'll be beaten in the Prix Foy off a slow pace, and that might be the time to back him

This could work in your favour as you'll have the price you've been looking for because you know what this horse can do.

Back