Charlie Hall Chase

EC1

On a break
This race deserves a thread would have thought

The main ? against Time For Rupert is if the ground has got a little juice in it..needs juice..if the going stick reading of 7 is fair then it should be fine for him

I really like him for this

others:

Nacarat has a tough ask giving weight..Acrai Rua could also take him on for the lead..anyone why AR is even running??

Diamond Harry - looks to need even more give than TFRs - also has been off for a long time..can't have him here

Poquelin - if 3 miles was his bag then i would have expected him to have at least tried it before now..non stayer for me

Weird Al - could be a dark one but again the ground isn't soft enough surely

Chicago Grey - probably needs a stiffer test and just doesn't look up to this

Time For Rupert looks the bet in this imo

Would have to agree about poquelin,will not stay imo.Chicago Grey looks out of his depth.Diamond Harry a bit short for me.Confidently backed TFR.expect him to take this before moving on to better things.

stick with it..will be back pedaling..even Nacarat should beat it

I'm taking a chance with Poquelin - until he shows me he hasn't got the stamina for 3m - I can see him cruising at 2m4f and looking all over the winner until he enters the unknown.

I like Time For Rupert as a horse but I dont think first time out in the season the time to back him

Nacarat, Poqueli and Wierd All have a good record first time out in the season,no bet for me here

Time For Rupert has looked short of pace to me a couple of times.Could see him going decent prices in the win and place Market in running.
Hills have tried to duck Chicago Grey which I find interesting.

can't fault you - this long straight will find him out would have thought

why are they running Acrai Rua?..seems pointless

Depends why you do it - owners get a day out,horse runs to the best of his ability (which is nowhere near the others in the race,so can bimble about at the back quite happily perfectly within the rules) and only need two (one now DH is out!) to not finish for whatever reason to be in for prize money which will probably cover the cost of the day....

Last edited:
Depends why you do it - owners get a day out,horse runs to the best of his ability (which is nowhere near the others in the race,so can bimble about at the back quite happily perfectly within the rules) and only need two (one now DH is out!) to not finish for whatever reason to be in for prize money which will probably cover the cost of the day....

aye..but in these top chases it only takes a 300/1 shot to fall in front of a hot fav at the first and it don't look so dandy

My Gold Cup AP doesn't look quite so weird now.

I hope you were on Tout. His one decent run last year was first time out in a slow run race so you could have made a case for him. As soon as the fields get bigger and the pace hots up he'll be found out. Pleased with Rupert as he looked huge and will come on lots for that.

I hope you were on Tout. His one decent run last year was first time out in a slow run race so you could have made a case for him. As soon as the fields get bigger and the pace hots up he'll be found out. Pleased with Rupert as he looked huge and will come on lots for that.

not sure it was that slow Euro tbh..WA travelled really well..would be even better with more give would have thought too

aye..but in these top chases it only takes a 300/1 shot to fall in front of a hot fav at the first and it don't look so dandy

:D you wouldnt say that if you were the owner of the one pootling about for a few hundred quid that covers the day out!

Jocks on hot favourites should be intelligent enough to keep out of the way of anything they think is dodgy - and unless they lap it, bimbling about safely at the back (as safe as jump racing ever is) is hardly going to result in the outsider falling in front of anything that somebody has backed - its way more likely to get brought down by the other comptitive ones !!!

Last edited:
Not Quite my nuts on as they have been little too exposed for my liking in the recent past but certainly a boost to funds. However got small bits on Betfair at decent prices for the Gold Cup and a fair sum at 33's. Unfortunately close family member taken into emergency this morning (not the worst outcome thankfully) but I couldn't set out for Wetherby. Since my PC screensaver is Weirdy and my laptop saver Restless Harry could have been a very interesting day.

Harry for the RSA and Weirdy for the Gold Cup will be a double when the prices settle. I'd take 20's and 33's .

Harry for the RSA and Weirdy for the Gold Cup will be a double when the prices settle. I'd take 20's and 33's .

Get yourself to Ladbrokes:

33/1 Restless Harry
20/1 Weird Al

I bet you thought the prices would be the other way around.

Back