Cheltenham advice

links781

Journeyman
Does anyone know what the coverage for Internet is like at the course?I know that using IPad or Internet is frowned upon on course.obviously there will be no wifi but am taking my iPhone and was wondering what the coverage is like on course for 3G etc.Normally take my warchest in cash! A friend told me they had heard that signals can be blocked etc.Anyone got any thoughts or experience I would be very grateful.

Rich.

Very off and on. It can be fine but equally well you can be there for ages trying to get things to load.

I found the signal quite poor there in January, can only get worse with the extra punters in March I'd guess

That's what I thought tbh,probably will have to have a rethink then as I wouldn't want to chance it.plus the queues for the cash points are horrendous.

i can remember what the area is called...but its on the main drag through the stands. You'll need a password. Buy Lydia a Gin and you'll be sorted!

Does anyone know what the coverage for Internet is like at the course?I know that using IPad or Internet is frowned upon on course.obviously there will be no wifi but am taking my iPhone and was wondering what the coverage is like on course for 3G etc.Normally take my warchest in cash! A friend told me they had heard that signals can be blocked etc.Anyone got any thoughts or experience I would be very grateful.

Rich.

Chuck your IPad away and take a big bag of cash. You need to be paying attention to what's going on rather than faffing around with internet connections.

Lol lol I didn't mean it in that context Steve,I meant physically getting one on.Went on Wednesday last year,Tuesday this year was talking in terms of more numbers etc.

Sometimes I can't even get a phone connection at Cheltenham, let alone Internet :mad:

I will be placing all my bets at home before leaving

No problem getting your bets on - just avoid the obvious and use the back line tatts bookmakers or down the bottom of the rails...often better prices and no queuing

Chuck your IPad away and take a big bag of cash. You need to be paying attention to what's going on rather than faffing around with internet connections.

Good idea Steve you hold him I'll grab the bag and meet you in the pub:lol:

What I used to do is lodge cash with several on course bookies I knew at the start of the meeting and if I won a considerable amount they would square me up by cheque or by lodging the winnings into my account. Never once did they fail to pay me.

Big bags of money are a no no at Cheltenham.

Imagine JP, he'd need a barrow fitted with a mchine gun to wheel it around if he fancied one.

Last edited:
I remember when Big Bucks won his first stayers and I had a banker bet at 6/1. with a bookie in the Mandarin. That was a lot of Euros to carry around but a great feeling. I have alway managed to get on Betfair and outside bookies over the mobilefrom the bar. Sometimes can get a bit hairy when the noise is so loud you cannot hear the operator but I`ve always got on.

Back