• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
S

SlimChance

Cheltenham 2.50
Modus 16/1 e/w 6 places (Paddy Power)

NO ANTEPOST BETS - NOBODY CARES

Last edited:
Neon Wolf. If this nag loses then I've got no chance of a decent fez.

Will have win bets on River Frost, Domperignon Du Lys and Someday too I think

Few others for a fun little ew Trixie:

Thomas Hobson 40's
Sir Valentino 50's
Dakota Moriette 20's

Good luck

Diable De Sivola in the Fred Winter. Poorish run last time out but before that wasn't far behind the Triumph fav over course and distance.

My whole festival rides on Neon Wolf and Might Bite. Douvan should be a shoe in (waiting for it in a 4 timer)
If these lose I'm down to Slims recommendation in Prospectus (though I know it was only posted for price purposes)

Irish Roes, think there is plenty to come from this one, been very green but had a nice break since last run and think it will run a big race tomorrow, 28s is too big

Soft ground horse in my opinion -different test tomorrow.

Granted his last performance at Haydock was on Soft ground, but it wasn't exactly bottomless. His previous win at Exeter was on good to soft and he won a PTP on good ground too. Yes, his trainer has said he likes to get his toe in, but today's going was more than adequate, with jockey's reporting the ground riding a little bit dead and a lot of the times were slow-ish. His hurdling technique has looked fluent, quick and slick to date. Not really a deep looking race. Fav's have a good record. I've been struggling to find a negative to oppose him all evening. I was just intrigued to know how you could be so definite to oppose him so strongly win and place.

Last edited:
I often wonder about the validity of using the ground conditions of a PTP as for grounds that a horse acts on that going. Neon Wolf might have had 5 stone in hand that day.

Last edited:
Double Handful every cent I have to play with this week is against Neon Wolf at the moment-win and place 2/1 and 8/13.I will try and do a certain amount of trading but this is my strongest opinion of the week.

Someday. Katy rides without allowance . No way she or the horse would be here if that would matter.

I often wonder about the validity of using the ground conditions of a PTP as for grounds that a horse acts on that going. Neon Wolf might have had 5 stone in hand that day.

Double Handful every cent I have to play with this week is against Neon Wolf at the moment-win and place 2/1 and 8/13.I will try and do a certain amount of trading but this is my strongest opinion of the week.

That's a fair point Slim. I suppose it was as much that I just noticed it when looking through the form.

Fair enough Luke, I respect your conviction and your will to put all your eggs in one basket. I was just of the view that you don't really have enough running for you. Bunk Off Early let the Barcardy's form down badly today and I've long suspected the Irish novice hurdlers this year were just a poor bunch. Melon aside, the Supreme today just strengthened that opinion for me. Maybe the mare Shattered Love with the 7lbs allowance can put up a better show, or some of the other UK outsiders, I'm just struggling to find one.

My biggest bet this week is Automated in the Coral Cup, regret now that I took 12/1 before the Tombstone factor kicked in. I will also have decent wagers on Might Bite and Someday who both have strong chances.

I would also mention that I have interesting Ante Post position on Prospectus based on the advice of our Dear Leader, but that would run the risk of being asked to leave this ******* thread.

Last edited:
his trainer has said he likes to get his toe in, but today's going was more than adequate, with jockey's reporting the ground riding a little bit dead and a lot of the times were slow-ish.

Claisse just advised that the official going today on Hurdles/chase course is now 'Good, Good to soft in places'. This obviously a negative for Neon Wolf, highlighted by Boyles offering 5/2 on him for a while earlier this morning. I really am torn now on this one :confused:

Back