Cheltenham Equinox

I seem to remember Bar The Bull mentioning in a thread a while back that he is a banker.. :p

Apart from that: Aran Concerto.

A lot of the chat on here recently has been about the rules of racing, jockeys looking between their legs and allowing one horse to ease on their inside and the domination of a few faceless Irish mega-owners.

I cannot wait to sink my teeth in to discussions about what route they should go with Tidal Bay*. Or to discuss how likely it is that Meade's amazing form will last until Cheltenham.

* They should go Peterborough Chase, King George, Ascot Chase, Cheltenham and then Aintree. Cheltenham target should be dictated by how well he stays in the King George. Aintree target likewise. If they want to give him an earlier run, the Old Roan Chase could be the man.

I reckon they'll want a crack at Master Minded early doors with Tidal Bay, Bar - most likely at Sandown, after using the Haldon as a prep.

That wouldn't leave much time to get ready for Kempton, but I think they'll want to see where they stand over 2m, as he's not altogether guaranteed to stay 3m anyway.

If he doesn't get the trip in the King George, then it's decision time as to whether to keep at 2m (Chandler/Champion Chase) or take the intermediate route (Ascot Chase/RyanAir).

If he does stay 3m, then I'd hope he would run in the Aon against Denman to make extra certain, before a shot at the title in the Gold Cup.

Ah.......Bisto...........

PS. Meade to toil at Chelters!

I agree with Grassy that it would be unwise to find out if he gets 3m in something like the Betfair (look no further than MWDS).

In fact, I'm inclined to think they should treat him as a 2m/2m4f horse this year and campaign him accordingly at Cheltenham/Aintree, then step him up in trip next year if they wish.

Did you not see my banker btw grassy? This is the year.

Did you not see my banker btw grassy? This is the year.

I did, tracks, yes - but it loses it's oomph if you say it three years on the trot! :p

This is the year................the finally give up with him?

They never come back..............do they??

Don't forget how my cousin vinny is bound to be something special after his bumper win

Also worthy of note will be some of the higher class flat recruits to go over obstacles. Nicholls has Thundering Star who ran Yeats close at Ascot and Unfurled moving to Twiston Davies yard

Last edited:
Back