Cheltenham Friday

Guest_

At the Start
Gets the all clear frost wise bar the Cross Country Chase course which is having another inspection at 10am.

Any fancies today?

He might like the ground a little softer and maybe a couple of furlong's extra, but I'd expect McGruders Cross to go very close. Certainly worth an each way at over 20's.

Cross country has now got the all clear.

What a Friend interests me in the first, I've got a sneaky feeling that the bare form from his Uttoxeter race wil work out better than expected. That said he faces a tough task today against Ballyfitz and at the current odds it's a watching racefor me.

It's hard to go against Garde Champetre in the cross country but due to the close proximty here last month and a slight betterment in the weights i'll probably be having a small e/w on Pass Me By.

My main interest of the day is Mon Mome in the 1.55, looks a competitive race but he looked very well on his re-appearance and should go close.

I thought Don't Push It showed a bit more last time out over hurdles and now has McCoy on board today. The worry (or I should say one of many worries!) is does he stay three miles.

Good start to the weekend for Nicholls and Thomas there. After Noland, Master Minded, a good weekend here could see the "troubles" of recent weeks seem along time ago.

I thought Don't Push It showed a bit more last time out over hurdles and now has McCoy on board today. The worry (or I should say one of many worries!) is does he stay three miles.

Did not really get home over the 3 miles but a grand effort from Fair Along.

I thought Rhys Flint gave Fair Along a cracking ride and what a game horse Fair Along is.

Much improved run from Don't Push It but as Gal says he doesn't seem ideally suited by a stiff three miles.

Great ride from Nina, and the winner won on merit but McNamara seemed to accept the defeat a little quickly there!

I strongly fancy The God of Love in the 3.05. My big concern is as to the quality of the jockey, SW Jackson. Can anyone give me an idea as to his ability other than ponting me to the RP records?

Many thanks.

Haven't looked at the race, TS, but Shane Jackson is a very competent rider IMO, and I doubt many woud disagree with me on that tbh.

Missed that Colin. On Wednesday the problems with the RP site induced a freeze on my PC just as I was laying off a considerable sum on Betfair. It cost me a lot so I am avoiding whilst I am betting.

Big from from Star De M, but even as he was cruising down the hill I thought the eventually winner would win...he was carrying his head to one side which for a horse that has had lots of problems is worrying. Did battle on well though.

Great ride from Nina, and the winner won on merit but McNamara seemed to accept the defeat a little quickly there!

Agree completeley!! I was on Garde Champetre myself but if my money was on L'ami i would have been pulling my hair out. I think we know who Mc Manus had the money down on!! JT clearly wants his stones to remain where they are.

L'Ami didn't pick up when JT gave him a couple of smacks after the last . I suspect he knew he little left to give and that Garde Champetre was idling in front.

I think JT is a very good horseman and he knew the horse had little left .

Star de M made a couple of minor mistakes too when going particularly well . A terrific effort though .

Unless Denman reappears in the same form after his heart problem the GC looks wide open this year.

Was very impressed with the way Star travelled giving weight away all round. My first thoughts where to back him each way for the Gold Cup - with doubts about Denman and Kauto´s wellbeing/form etc.

Back