Cheltenham Gold Cup 2009

eric c

At the Start
Glencove Marina--has class , speed , jumps and can handle any ground.
It will be interesting to see where he goes at Cheltenham this year--long or short--- and whether Ruby stays with him or goes for one of the Ditcheat battalion.
Long term he looks a serious type and he has a lucky owner.

While its dangerously early to predict something like this particularly given the injury rate recently but from bumpers, hurdles and now to fences this horse has looked a star in the making. Plus he is only a 6 year old.

Aside from Kauto Star in the King George that was the best "wow" feeling of the NH season so far for me.

Only six - I hadn't really clocked that. Let's hope he is given time to progress at a natural pace and not hot-housed too fast, given the need to find an Irish chasing hero

Anyone tempted to have a crack at this horse ante-post for Cheltenham should note that Betfred are NRNB just for today on all ante-post Festival bets. GM is 10/1 for the Arkle and 12/1 for the Sun Alliance with them. See the advert in the pullout section of today's Post. I've checked with them and it applies to bets placed online as well as in their shops.

Back