Cheltenham inspect.

Cheers Chris, my colleagues are stopping up there and they said they'd let me know the results of the inspection. Thanks anyway.

Thommo said we can see Cleeve Hill about six times so we should be OK. Now what the visability of a hill 5 miles away has to do with water on the course is beyond me. Can somebody explain?

From the Cheltenham Website......

Following a 9.30am inspection, racing has been abandoned for today as the course is waterlogged following 26mm of rain since midnight.

Thommo said we can see Cleeve Hill about six times so we should be OK. Now what the visability of a hill 5 miles away has to do with water on the course is beyond me. Can somebody explain?

It wasn't even Cleeve Hill in the picture either :rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that AC!

One round trip to Cheltenham wasted - lovely! They really had no choice, in fact I'm surprised it took them so long to call it off. There are some good photos about showing Claisse amidst what looked pretty much a pond in front of the last flight, kicking up water that goes up nearly as high as his head!

I've just read that none of the races will be rescheduled - I at least thought they'd try to save the Bula and maybe the Relkeel. Disappointing.

Been thinking the same - it just feels wrong to have the leg propped up on a Saturday afternoon, not least when you're atching Time Team! I've just realised how pants weekend TV is during the day....

Actually I reckon it was worth the wasted journey to see one of the Ladbrokes reps turn up just as I was leaving, about half an hour after it had been abandoned. He started getting his stuff out of the car so I put him out of his misery and told him it was off - he said he'd thought something must've been going on as it was so quiet! The streams of horseboxes and people leaving the track was probably a clue as well!

I've been led to believe that the Ladbrokes trading desk is going to get a phonecall from one of the other reps to let them know so I reckon some piss taking will soon be flying about!!

I am really disappointed was looking forward to going today was going to go to Warwick last Sunday and that was off now Cheltenham. I just hope the weather will improve we seem to lose a lot of meetings these days.My local course Stratford was closed for the whole of 2007 due to the floods and have lost a few meetings this year, problem being can the courses afford to lose these meetings financially I mean?

I can't believe they're not rescheduling the races, surely Boylesports will want them to go ahead somewhere? They managed to hold the Fighting Fifth the following weekend...

Too close to the Christmas Hurdle is my guess at the theory behind it McNugget. Same thing happens with the big meeting at Haydock in January - abandonned and they never bother to re-schedule it as there's an overdose of 3m Chases in January-Feb (Peter Marsh, Pillar, AON, RP Chase, National Trial etc.).

Yeah that's probably the reason allright, especially disappointing as 3 of my ten to follow crew were supposed to run!

Back