Cheltenham Multiple Betting Strategies

I only bet small stakes but I'm a firm believer that accas have to be done early or else wait until we're in NRNB territory. I've put this up on a couple of other threads but as this seems to be the collecting place for mea culpas, I did this on 30/9/2015:
Faugheen (11/10)
UDS (11/8)
Douvan (5/2)
Vautour (5/1)
£3 trebles and £10 fourfold to win over £1400 but any treble will make it a winning bet.

I have an aversion to ante-post multis ever since I had Coneygree in almost all of mine three years back.

I'll wait till the week until placing mine, my Festival revolves around Don Poli though. Currently 574/80 plus a couple of free pony's at 6s via Open Eagle and Virak.

Hi All,

I'm a recent recruit to the forum having watched from afar until now. I've found this thread very interesting as in general, despite having a decent overall record at the festival, I've steered clear of any type of multiples due to having a dreadful record with them. All success I've had at Cheltenham has all come from decent win singles. With this year looking particularly challenging due to how the markets are already shaping up, I'm looking to slightly adapt my approach. Of you guys who have had success with multiples in recent years, and in particular those who have had each way success, what is going to be your approach for this year? Will you be combining some of the shorties accumulator or looking to take them on with horses with each way chances in multiples, not necessarily looking to land the win part but focusing on the place? Do you include handicaps in these types of bets and if so it targeting the place specifically with the bonus of them winning being a pleasant surprise rather than an expectation?

Last edited:
Welcome Flash; good to see a new member.
EW multis are an optimist's punting poison so with a winner the surprise is always pleasant ! ( and triple the odds)

Previous Festival form, big field form and form on the prevalent going are my pointers, if they have avoided tough races on heavy ground all the better.
As a lot of handicaps pay first five each way it is an optimist's heaven ; you can only be wrong .

I think with the races with very short priced favourites you're not going to get much value even sticking them in 4 or 5 horse accas. You're going to get more value with others in the w/o markets.

I think with the races with very short priced favourites you're not going to get much value even sticking them in 4 or 5 horse accas. You're going to get more value with others in the w/o markets.

That is mathematically incorrect.

Last edited:
I flagged up w/o markets earlier in this thread especially the champion hurdle and the price of mtoy at the time.There are some really good value w/o bets out there and still at e/w prices.
My idea of some value in w/o markets

mtoy 8/1
SDG 8/1
Yorkhill 9/1
id much rather back that in some ew w/o multiple than throw the win part away

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you are betting on a race that,s NRNB does that concession apply to the without markets aswell ?

Added Couer Blimey for the Bumper 33/1 last weekend to my ante post list. Will leave it now until preview night where they usual do some good deals and then on the week.

Added Couer Blimey for the Bumper 33/1 last weekend to my ante post list. Will leave it now until preview night where they usual do some good deals and then on the week.

Not sure Laddies will be open tigger, their on course shops are closed during the Festival.

I see Betvictor are now an ABP, I did wonder if they'd try and get the gig for the week. Not sure if Laddies lease the shops or whether they own them.

Last edited:
Back