Cheltenham Preview - 8.30 Tomorrow Night

trackside528

At the Start
Just a reminder that we will have the chat box out in all its glory for what is becoming an annual preview evening tomorrow from half 8.

We'll go through all of the big races in chronological order and hopefully get a few winners sorted for the week ahead.

The more we have the merrier so feel free to jump in at any stage.

Is there a draw bias in Cheltenham? Hopefully Raise The Beat will be drawn where the pace is on.

I enjoy both occasionally. Drink makes me think about life in a more optimistic way. A spliff makes me wonder whether any horse bar Binocular can run to 170+ next Tuesday :eek:

I enjoy both occasionally. Drink makes me think about life in a more optimistic way. A spliff makes me wonder whether any horse bar Binocular can run to 170+ next Tuesday :eek:

the betting tells you that one hell of a lot of people think about 5 of them can run to a 170+..hence why i mentioned that on the CH thread..which was laughed at ..and i was surprised at that tbh

if only one horse can do it..re Binocular..then he would about about 1/6 in the betting

with a race like the CH... most of them have not met horses yet that can push them to their limits..we don't know the limits of the opposition to Binocular..although the weight of money suggests many people think their choice will run 170+ ..so if all these people are right then its easily possible that as as many as 3 could run above 170..if not then why is the betting so open.

if anyone only thinks one can do that then they should be lumping on B and make him 1/6 in the betting..thats not happening so its clear that a few of these are potentially 170 horses

to think otherwise defies all logic..and the betting for the race

Last edited:
What defies logic is looking at a betting market and drawing a conclusion that an expected rating will be delivered from it. The market is tight precisely because people question whether Binocular can run to 170 - not that it matters any more.

Binocular did run to 170+ last year. I know we differ on Hurricane Fly but I find it strange you question Binocular's run last year - it was breathtaking.

What defies logic is looking at a betting market and drawing a conclusion that an expected rating will be delivered from it. The market is tight precisely because people question whether Binocular can run to 170 - not that it matters any more.

i saw it differently...i think people expected B to run his race and their horse to beat him..hence why i thought a fair few thought their horse better than 170 etc

like you say..it don't matter now..i'm sulking about this big time..being totally selfish:)...all those months we been talking about this fookin race..lots of chat surrounding his participation and if any horse can better him..grrrrrrr

The same thoughts about our interminable, going-nowhere joust went through my head too! :D

C'est la guerre.

Anyway, c'mon - where are my time figures for the ground? This is your one and only chance to convince me.

Back