Cheltenham Preview Nights

hezz

At the Start
Anyone know of any Cheltenham Preview nights coming up or when they start up in general?

From a personal point of view i'd be looking to go to one in Dublin, Louth, Monaghan (North East) area.

Would be interested in attending any previews in the Clare/Limerick area myself?? Nothing on at all last year in my locality..Went to one in Scariff Co.Clare 2 years ago, an excellent night with Timmy Murphy/David Casey amongst others on the panel that night..

Anyone know of any Cheltenham Preview nights coming up or when they start up in general?

From a personal point of view i'd be looking to go to one in Dublin, Louth, Monaghan (North East) area.

One on in Roganstown (Swords) end of February with a decent enough panel (and Gary O'Brien MC'ing). I'm going to that anyway.

PRICEWISE2008, there's usually one on in the Dunraven Arms in Limerick - haven't heard anything about it this year though.

Magic Trackside, cheers. You know what way tickets work for that? Turn up on the night? Book them through the hotel?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Cheltenham & Three Counties Race Club, in association with Cheltenham Racecourse will be hosting this year's Official Cheltenham Festival Preview at The Centaur, Prestbury Park on Friday 6 March 2009. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This year's event, sponsored by William Hill, will boast a panel including Alan Lee, The Times Racing Correspondent, Jim McGrath, Alan King, Paddy Brennan and Racing Post's Matt Williams. We are still waiting for confirmation of a final panellist who we hope to announce shortly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ticket prices will be held at last year's level, advance tickets at £15 each will be available in early February by pre-ordering through www.cheltenham.co.uk or by calling 0844 579 3003. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alternatively, tickets will be available at the door priced at £20. Food and bar drinks will be available all evening, Doors open at 6pm with proceedings under way at 7.30pm.[/FONT]

Id love to go to one of these one day - its one of those things Ive wanted to do for ages and ages and am destined not to get to....!!

Novelty has worn off at this stage. Last year I went to one (with a good panel) and was just itching to leave by the end. I think having access to video replays via ATR and RUK has taken away from much of them for me. Remember going to see them years ago really for just the replays.

East Gartson, in the Lambourn Valley, Friday 6th March:

East Garston Village Hall: the evening starts at 7.30pm - they have a bar! - tickets can be brought at the door or ring Chris on 01488 648370

Panellists are Oliver Sherwood, Stan Moore, Pat Murphy, Colin Brown, Noel Fehily, Andrew Thorton and Ed James.

Dunboyne Castle Hotel - Tues 24th Feb

Panel: Davy Russell, Arthur Moore, Tony Martin & Brendan Cummins. M.C. Colm Murray

Enniscorthy Cheltenham Preview

On the 1st of March in the Astro Active Centre Bellefield Enniscorthy in aid of the County Wexford Community Workshop

advertisement_img.gif

GROUP 1 PANEL FOR ENNISCORTHY CHELTENHAM PREVIEW

JIM BOLGER, MICK FITZGERALD, IVAN YATES AND AIDAN O' BRIEN ARE JUST SOME OF THE NAMES ON THE PANEL FOR WHAT LOOKS LIKE A CHELTENHAM PREVIEW WITH A DIFFERENCE.

THE COUNTY WEXFORD COMMUNITY WORKSHOP IS THE BENEFICIARY OF THIS YEARS PREVIEW.

PAUL NOLAN AND LIZ DOYLE MAKE UP THE ALL WEXFORD PANEL OF CHAMPIONS

THAT WILL GUIDE PUNTERS ON THE RIGHT ROAD TO CHELTENHAM.

JIM BOLGER AT LAST YEARS EVENT WAS VERY BULLISH ABOUT NEW APPROACH AND THIS YEAR THE AUDIENCE WILL GET AN INSIGHT INTO THE BALLYDOYLE 2009 STRING AS AN ADDED BONUS.

AIDAN O'BRIEN IS NO STRANGER TO THE WINNING ENCLOSURE AT CHELTENHAM AND WHO BETTER TO ADVISE ON WHICH HORSES HE THINKS WILL GET UP THAT HILL IN MARCH

FOR TICKETS AND BOOKING INFORMATION CONTACT BEN BERNIE 0872563476

FEBRUARY
Mon.23rd. BALLYMORE EUSTACE, Paddy Murphy's Bar.
Tues.24th. DUNBOYNE, Dunboyne Castle Hotel.
Wed.25th. LOUGHREA, Lough Rea Hotel & Spa, 7.30pm.
Thurs.26th. WATERFORD, Woodlands Hotel, 8pm.
Thurs.26th. SALLINS, Bridgewater Inn.
Thurs.26th. ***PORTLAOISE, Heritage Hotel, 8pm.***
Thurs.26th. ***ROGANSTOWN, Golf Club.***

MARCH
Sun.1st. ADARE, Dunraven Arms Hotel.
Sun.1st. ***GALWAY, Salthill Hotel.***
Mon.2nd. ***BELFAST, Europa Hotel, 8pm.***
Mon.2nd. ***DUBLIN, Submarine Bar.***
Tues.3rd. LUCAN, Courtney's Pub.
Tues.3rd. ***KILKENNY, Langton House Hotel.***
Wed.4th. MAYNOOTH, Glenroyal Hotel, 8pm.
Wed.4th. ***ROSCOMMON, Abbey Hotel.***
Thurs.5th. ***HAROLD's CROSS BRIDGE, Francis McKenna's Bar.***

FEBRUARY
Mon.23rd. BALLYMORE EUSTACE, Paddy Murphy's Bar.
Tues.24th. DUNBOYNE, Dunboyne Castle Hotel.
Wed.25th. LOUGHREA, Lough Rea Hotel & Spa, 7.30pm.
Thurs.26th. WATERFORD, Woodlands Hotel, 8pm.
Thurs.26th. SALLINS, Bridgewater Inn.
Thurs.26th. ***PORTLAOISE, Heritage Hotel, 8pm.***
Thurs.26th. ***ROGANSTOWN, Golf Club.***

MARCH
Sun.1st. ADARE, Dunraven Arms Hotel.
Sun.1st. ***GALWAY, Salthill Hotel.***
Mon.2nd. ***BELFAST, Europa Hotel, 8pm.***
Mon.2nd. ***DUBLIN, Submarine Bar.***
Tues.3rd. LUCAN, Courtney's Pub.
Tues.3rd. ***KILKENNY, Langton House Hotel.***
Wed.4th. MAYNOOTH, Glenroyal Hotel, 8pm.
Wed.4th. ***ROSCOMMON, Abbey Hotel.***
Thurs.5th. ***HAROLD's CROSS BRIDGE, Francis McKenna's Bar.***

Thanks a million for that father wishy washy;)

Chronicle are sponsoring the Waterford forum.Justin Carty,Noel Cummins and Pat Keane are on the panel and a few big noises from England.

I was there two years ago when Pat Keane said it would be time to throw the formbook in the river if Sublimity won the Champion Hurdle.I reminded him of this at Punchestown and he wasn't too happy about it.

I was at one last year in Cork. I remember it being mindlessly boring with Ruby being as informative as the girl serving the tea but pat Keane does at least give an opinion. The fellow from Cashamns (his name escapes me) said that Group Captain could be the new Istabraq and Timmy Murphy said The Package was a bit special.

I wish I had stayed in the bar...

Actually come to think of it, I never made it to work the nest day. Good times!

Ton Pentre Football Club, Rhondda, Wednesday March 4th. 7.30.

Tickets £6-00, buffet included.

Panellists : Tim Vaughan, Richard Johnson, others to be announced.

Back