Cheltenham - Thursday - What are you backing?

Good luck with him, Slim. I get your argument but am struggling to convince myself that he's still as good as he looked in his younger days.

I can't have Faugheen either. He just doesn't convince me.

It might end up a great race but something might end up winning by default. The one with fewest question marks, for me at least, is Itchy Feet but he might not be good enough if Saint Sonnet turns out to be a wee bit special.

It will take a special performance to lift this race above the overall feeling of its being a glorified handicap.

The only I've looked at trends for today is 13:30 Marsh Novices Chase.

I've gone with Mister Fisher and Itchy Feet because they fit form ratings and trends for me. e.g. the oldest horse to win the race so far since 2011 is 7, but as Champ showed , trends are there to be broken, so we'll see.

20200312 1330 Cheltenham.JPG

The only I've looked at trends for today is 13:30 Marsh Novices Chase.

I've gone with Mister Fisher and Itchy Feet because they fit form ratings and trends for me. e.g. the oldest horse to win the race so far since 2011 is 7, but as Champ showed , trends are there to be broken, so we'll see.

View attachment 2427

You will never learn...

Lol but I'll do saver bet like I did with Champ in case there's an exception to the rule again

APT was my first ap of the season and biggest winner

I've a feeling City Island will run a big race

Think Plan of Attack has a good chance in the closer

Grimm day yesterday, current trend backing is bias for me today

Mister fisher w (money back)
Storyteller L15ew & ew
No bet
No bet
Ben Dundee L15 & ew
Floressa L15 & ew
Le Breuil L15 & ew

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

I'm in a position to afford extra ammo for the scattergun.

Race
Main fancies
Possibles
Longshots
Comments
JLT/Marsh
Saint Sonnet
Itchy Feet
Midnight Shadow
Saint Sonnet
Midnight Shadow
question marks over market leaders except IF; no surprise if SS is better than the lot. Also took 20/1 Midnight Shadow some time back.
Pertemps
UNWIMH
Kilbricken Storm
Relegate

Tout Est Permis
Royal Thief
Welsh Saint
Dream Berry
UNWIMH
Backed UNWIMH 33/1 last week, still like it despite drift to longer; in again today at 50s to 7pl; K Storm & Relegate if Unwimh flops; others simply hcapped to run well
Ryanair
Frodon
A Plus Tard

Duc D G
Ruby put me off Min the other day, suggested it might not like the hill; heart sys Frodon, head says nothing in it; DDG for sickness insurance, I rate his Arkle highly and interesting that he even turns up here at all.
Stayers
Paisley Park
Apples Jade

One horse race but sickness insurance on AJ.
BAMS Pl hc ch
Deyrann De Carjac
Simply The Betts
H101
Siruh Du Lac
H101

I like DDC’s profile, was aimed at IA’s race but waited for better ground; STB too short at 3/1; SDL should be a 10lbs better horse this year anyway, big gamble last year, might be again this time; H101 no 50/1 shot on best form, shrewd target trainer (eg Remiluc 100/1 in Bfair Hdl).
Mares nov hd
Full Of Surprises
Yukon Lil
Full Of Surprises
I took FOS at 66s the other day. JP/BG for Mulholland; best nov mare JP has? Yukon Lil unexposed?
Kim Muir
Champagne Platinum
Le Breuil

Not much point in doing the form, jockey bookings tell their own story.

<tbody>
</tbody>

I'm in a position to afford extra ammo for the scattergun.

Race
Main fancies
Possibles
Longshots
Comments
JLT/Marsh
Saint Sonnet
Itchy Feet
Midnight Shadow
Saint Sonnet
Midnight Shadow
question marks over market leaders except IF; no surprise if SS is better than the lot. Also took 20/1 Midnight Shadow some time back.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Funnily enough I have Midnight Shadow as the outsider in that might upset things

1.30 Samcro
2.10 Relegate / Rapper
2.50 Ridersonthestorm
3.30 Emitom / Ronald Pump
5.30 Fingerontheswitch / Just A Sting

Last edited:
Gotta jump. Olly Murphy will be sick given how they panned out.

Fair play to the old boy who gave his all.

Top weight wins the Pertemps. The second horse. Was no.3 on the card.

Question in relation to Ronald Pump, but maybe we will have a better opinion after the Stayers. Where would that performance have Sire Du Berlais in the Stayers later then do we think???

Last edited:
Btw. Thanks to anyone who put me on to Sire Du Berlais a few weeks ago when I was bigging up Ronald Pump. Well done I hope you backed it. I can't recall who it was. Double Handful possibly?

Last edited:
Well done SDB backers. I just thought he was vulnerable at a shortish price [ante-post] off his new mark. Likewise The Storyteller.

Backers of Relegate are entitled to spit at least traces of blood. Shocking ride but presumably to instructions.

Back