Paul Nicholls 10/11
Willie Mullins 5/1
Nicky Henderson 5/1
Alan King 7/1
David Pipe 7/1
Jonjo O'Neill 20/1
Philip Hobbs 33/1
Noel Meade 40/1

I'd go for Alan King since my money is already down on some of his horses: Voy Por, Walkon and Bensalem. I like Karabak as well.

Just like the last few years, his horses look ready to go.

I'd agree with that. I'd also suggest Jonjo may be the value at 20's. His string come into this Festival in much better form than recent seasons, and he looks to have half decent good chances in the handicaps and the four miler. His record in those areas isn't too shabby in the past either. David Pipe is also interesting. Out of form until recently. Chances in the champion hurdle and the novice championships, plus potentially well handicapped horses given many didn't give their true running earlier in the season. And he must have a good chance in the conditionals from his 27 entries!

Fancy Pipe at 7's - he has the likes of Torpichen, Master of Arts, Madison Du Berlais, Our Vic, Ronaldo Des Mottes all with leading chances.

I fancy Alan King at 7s - his horses are in great form and they look really well unlike many of Nicholls' - Hobbs' also look very well in their coats.

Apparently Pipe the younger has resigned an old member of the MC team over the past month or so, which might explain the upturn in performances of late. Apparently, he's the guy who used to be involved in the horse's blood - that kind of thing. May not be a bad bet.

Correct - hes the vet who used to be based there doing all the blood testing.

Ridiculous price on King.

Might just tempt me out of my betting sabattical with him having gone close when I backed him last year.

If only Franchoek & Junior had held on in their races,I'd have been quids in.

Arrgghh!! Don't mention Franchoek! LOL

I fancy Henderson. His record at the Festival is outstanding and he tends to grab a handicap or two as well as the odd Championship. I think Nichoills will bag the Champion Chase and the GC, but I'm not 100% certain he'll bag anything else

'96 is a long time waiting for an Irish trainer to top the pile:mad: Willie will surely never have his team in better order going over. Love to see him clean up, can't back against him after seeing that stat. No bet for me now.

Anybody fancy Hobbs at 33's? He as a lot of decent priced horses with chances,Planet of Sound,Fair Along etc. King does look a bit overpriced though.

Back