Cheltenian

qzy

At the Start
Out for the season?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_7135649,00.html

Cheltenian, ante-post favourite for the Supreme Novices' Hurdle, could miss the whole of the National Hunt season.
The Philip Hobbs-trained five-year-old ran out an impressive five length winner of the Weatherbys Champion Bumper at the Cheltenham Festival in March on his second start for the Minehead handler.
He has been vying for favouritism for the Supreme Novices' ever since but now looks likely to miss the whole campaign with Hobbs reporting at his owners' day that the gelding had suffered a minor injury.
Scans have revealed that he is not far off being right but, such is the regard in which he's held, connections will not be tempted to rush him back.

Out for the season?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_7135649,00.html

Cheltenian, ante-post favourite for the Supreme Novices' Hurdle, could miss the whole of the National Hunt season.
The Philip Hobbs-trained five-year-old ran out an impressive five length winner of the Weatherbys Champion Bumper at the Cheltenham Festival in March on his second start for the Minehead handler.
He has been vying for favouritism for the Supreme Novices' ever since but now looks likely to miss the whole campaign with Hobbs reporting at his owners' day that the gelding had suffered a minor injury.
Scans have revealed that he is not far off being right but, such is the regard in which he's held, connections will not be tempted to rush him back.

First ante-post docket bites the dust!!!!!

A friend of mine had a life changing ante post bet on Harchibald only to see him being the subject of injury worries 48 hours later.After 2 months of will he won't he stories he was finally declared a non runner.
One thing I will say OTB is how much advantage is to be gained ante post between now and the end of October when the horses should be just about ready to go.

A friend of mine had a life changing ante post bet on Harchibald only to see him being the subject of injury worries 48 hours later.After 2 months of will he won't he stories he was finally declared a non runner.
One thing I will say OTB is how much advantage is to be gained ante post between now and the end of October when the horses should be just about ready to go.

I like to build up ante-post positions gradually over time - August is probably slightly early though!!:o. There are some on here who have ante- post bets a year in advance....

It looks like Cheltenian has a similar problem to Raise The Beat. Its a strain rather than a tear and I'd say they got it scanned in the last week. We are planning the same thing in a few weeks. It also probably didn't help Cheltenian that he was flat out whereas I'd hope RTB is in a better position as he was given an easy race from 3 furlongs out. Just goes to show the dangers of the bumper.

It was not a very life changing bet. What year was he a N/R?

Back