Chepstow tomorrow

Ardross

Senior Jockey
I always think of this as the real start of the NH season. Cracking novice case with Cue Card, Silvaniaco Conti and Michael Flips tomorrow .

Any views ? Shame none of it on terrestrial TV I fea we will get that prat Pitman on ATR

Amazing it aint on Ch4

Used to be THE course for jumps in the 90's before those Northern racing clowns took over and turned it into the mess it has become!!

The ritual was the amazing saddling boxes, pre parade ring where I was circled by Pirate Army!!
And the paddock and winners enclosure where Carvills was returned was class

Now it is wank

Loved it as much as Cheltenham for the class of racing but I haven't been for over 10 years now:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
The 5.50 looks quite appealing for a bet. This is a drop in class and Reve de Sivola has the ability to hack up, but he just doesn't jump well enough to be a betting proposition at around 7/2. Similarly Five Dream is unconvincing as a chaser. Swincome Rock and Le Burf look of some appeal on paper, the first named obviously goes well fresh and this is the time of year to have the yard on side, whilst he's obviously still low mileage. Le Burf wasn't quite so good last season but is low in the weights as a result and might be the type to bounce back this year.

Wank or not, I'm going tomorrow.

2.25 - Luggers Hall sets quite a good standard but is up against some unknown quantities. No bet.

3.00 - Think Lundy Sky's form is a bit iffy. Slightly prefer Saint Luke but notice the market favours African Broadway.

3.35 - The £100,000 Nicholls-trained beast will probably win but Theatrical Star looks a solid vehicle for some each-way thievery.

4.10 - Marginally prefer Silvianco Conti to Cue Card but just hoping to see a good race.

4.45 - Not sure Domtaline deserves to be as short as EVS. Reckon Mr Harmoosh (in excellent form) and Peaks Of Fire (might have been improved by Tim Vaughan) are both a bit overpriced.

5.20 - Can't fancy anything other than Eastlake.

5.50 - Fancy Swincombe Rock to bounce back after a break.

6.20 - Not a bad bumper. Think One Term and Wiffy Chatsby both have ordinary form and are vulnerable to a newcomer. Happy to back Knock A Hand at a double-figure price.

6.20 - Not a bad bumper. Think One Term and Wiffy Chatsby both have ordinary form and are vulnerable to a newcomer. Happy to back Knock A Hand at a double-figure price.

Agree on the bumper, although I thought Velator was the one to beat given the yard's record. Half-brother to Bellator as the name suggests.

Eastlake (5.20) has the profile of a summer ground horse, and Chepstow's going might just have turned against him.
I'll take him on with JP's 2nd string, Award Winner, whom the cheekpieces seem to have transformed, based on his last run. Well backed there, and a facile winner, both 2nd and 3rd have advertised the form since, and the 15lb rise still puts him a stone well in on his former chase rating.

Le Burf wasn't quite so good last season but is low in the weights as a result and might be the type to bounce back this year.

I think today could be the day for Le Burf (2.20 Market Rasen), back on a right-handed track with a run under his belt and another 8lb lopped off his mark.

I think today could be the day for Le Burf (2.20 Market Rasen), back on a right-handed track with a run under his belt and another 8lb lopped off his mark.

Gets a mention in the RP today and punters have latched on, 5/1 from 8's.

Back