Chris McGrath

Guest_

At the Start
Everytime I see him on ATR's Sunday Forum I think he talks alot of sense as he does in his articles in the Independent. Up there with Greg Wood imo.

Don't know anything about him - is he from a racing background?

Everytime I see him on ATR's Sunday Forum I think he talks alot of sense as he does in his articles in the Independent. Up there with Greg Wood imo.

Don't know anything about him - is he from a racing background?
He was racing journalist of the year back to back before Greg Wood I believe. Not entirely sure, but I think he used to be Walter Swinburn's agent.

He was one of the inagural winners of the Martin Wills racing writers awards I think. Was he racing journalist at The Times before Alan Lee? I think he also has had a stint working with Gerard Butler and I also think he was Spencer's agent 5 yrs or so ago.

Must admit I find him very difficult to watch. Irrespective of what he is saying he has very stuttery/irritating presentation manner. No great disappointment but such was his limited contribution Duval probably wondered why he had turned up.

Now there's one who really shouldn't bother turning up to anything where he is expected to make a meaningful contribution - Duval. He couldn't make one if his life depended on it.

He might be okay writing stuff (Duval), although I wouldn't know, but boy, is he ever heavy going on screen. Perhaps he falls into the 'well respected' league and therefore gets hauled out for big occasions (like granny's best tea-set), but he comes over as dull, trite, and utterly humourless. There are hundreds of knowledgeable people - why, most of this forum, for a start! - who can sound interesting and breezy, crack the odd funny now and then, and who'd wrap half these 'experts' up in a three-card trick.

Well respected???????!!!! Duval???????!!!!!!!!!!! Nah, not him Kri; except in the red wine drinking stakes I'd guess......

Back