Christmas Cracker?

• Thread starter Thread starter Goodkat
  • Start date Start date
G

Goodkat

The word is out large for a horse who has been lined up to do a christmas job tomorrow.

The money is already down from 11/2 in 3/1

You would be best advised to snap it up

Kempton 6.15 Reachforthebucks

good luck and a merry christmas to all

Last edited:
Given the connections 11/2 to 3s already, it won't be there money. You wouldn't get tuppence ha'penny on a horse the night before so I for one would not be surprised if this horse either falls out the stalls or is a non runner.

I have a feeling it's a smoke screen however.

Of course it's a smoke screen!

Just look at the random people posting here trying to get people to lump the horse, I've worked it out! and it involves Noel Quinlan & John Ryan who funnily enough was highlighted by Rory earlier in the week in the handicapping thread.

There's something interesting regarding the trainers of this horse, ok lets take a look at a wierd year and 3 months of the All Weather from Nov 2009 to Feburary 2011. He was in ownership with John Ryan (Current Trainer) untill the 14th of February 2011 before switching to Noel Quinlan who was his trainer from 14th February 2011 to 30th June 2011 and the horse had 3 runs on the All Weather, his first was just 6 days after he joined Noel from John;

Opening mark under Noel Quinlan - 70
Closing mark under Noel Quinlan - 58

Horse comments for his three runs reads;

"Always in rear"
"Struggling tailed off"
"In touch lost place, no extra"

he won with any amount in hand at the course and distance in July under Kieren Fallon (Who rides the well supported favourite) and it was the first run after the switch from Noel Quinlan to John Ryan. The horses win at Kempton come from an 8 week break between his last run on the all weather and his break from his last run on the all weather is 9 weeks this time.

Focail Eilie enjoy's a strong gallop which he should get here when you consider Kieren Fallon's mount last time out earn the comments "Pressed leader at strong pace, led 3f out and kicked on, headed and weakened rapidly over 1f out (op 14-1)" for a horse that likes to sit just off the pace.

You make your own mind up about this little connection and it's a race that has had a big word in Newmarket regarding the Rae Guest runner

Did I forget to mention, the well backed horse was with Michael Wigham untill the 18th of November.

Oh the little circle in Newmarket is working wonders here!

Last edited:
Suppose it depends whether your glass is half full or half empty?
Reachorthebucks is clearly improving at a rate of knots, won 3 on the bounce last winter, and returned from a break to be given what looked remarkably like a fitness run when unfancied in the market. Add to that Kieren Fallon has bothered to drag himself out of bed for the ride, over a c/d the horse has already bolted up on, and he begins to look a half-decent bet.
I think so,and did too last night at slightly better prices.

Last edited:
Back