Cool Roxy

• Thread starter Thread starter numbersix
  • Start date Start date
N

numbersix

Lovely scenes at Fakenham, as the grand old Cool Roxy landed his 11th Course win at the lovely little Norfolk gaff (my missus had the dubious pleasure of being bought a curry by N6 at the adjacent Golf Course Club House on her 40th birthday on the way back from Yarmouth races - who said romance was dead??).

It was the trainers 80th birthday to boot and the race was run in honour of him.

Oh, and I backed him to record my 5th straight win - happy days are here again!!!!!!

Mind you I must say that Chritian Williams appeared to take it very easy on the runner up - you wonder how much he wanted to spoil the party - not much imo! But the N6 pocket prevents me from further complaint on that front.

The runner up is a well known bridle horse,if you watch his previous races you will realise he was never going to get near Cool Roxy.

It was his 10th course win (11 career wins with one at Fontwell) and a very pleasing result hot on the heels of The Tatling win yesterday.

One aspect of the Cool Roxy story which doesn't get mentioned is the heartache trainer Alan Blackmore has been through to get here; his son Michael was an amateur rider who died as a result of a fall at Market Rasen in 1986.

Good Lord. That must make it very bitter-sweet, however long ago it was
I can't imagine how anyone gets over losing a child, and I don't even have any

Luke interviewed them before yesterdays race & he said his wife had battled cancer a couple of years ago aswell but laughed about it as she was so fit from mucking out! she recovered!

Back