Corals in meltdown

Ian R

At the Start
Did anybody else have problems with the Corals Cheltenham festival bonuses.
Only half of my bonuses were credited to my account. I haven't been able to get through to their Customer Support helpline for a week - this morning it still has the message about website problems and therefore taking longer to answer calls (waited 1 hour and hung up). Also have sent 15 messages which don't get answered. They appear to have had a bit of a meltdown this last week.
This was the first time I had really made use of my Corals account but will be closing it now as soon as I get the bonuses that are due.

Yes. I took advantage last week but took for ever to get through. I dont know why i bothered. Havent used my "free bet" yet and dont know if ill summon will to do so

I couldn't log on to Corals Wed or Friday...had to bet by phone, who confirmed major logging in issues.
On website wednesday night there was an apology.....useless

VC bet last year took one week and much chasing for the £25 freebet....same this year for my wife's account

Last edited:
Have exactly the same problem Ian.

Prior to the week they sent me a letter saying they will generously match 3 x £20 bets if placed on each of Telephone, Internet & Mobile. Plus these wouldn't affect the usual 4 x £10 first race bonuses they were offering - and could also be used on the even money Sprinter Sacre offer :)

I received 3 of my £10 first race bonuses and my first £20 matched telephone bet but still haven't had the other 2 x £20 bonuses when placed on the internet and mobile, nor the final £10 first race bonus.

Called their customer services line on Monday and they said they'd call me back - it's approaching 48hours later and nada.

I appreciate I'm whingeing about free "money" but they offered it...

As it happens, assuming the free bets carry a 7 day expiration period I'm quite happy if it takes another 7-10 days to get sorted as I'll use them for Aintree - given that we have a quiet (NH) period in the interim.

and yes, their internet/mobile service during Cheltenham was a shambles. Such an important week and if the company were mine I'd want some serious answers from the IT department.

Lee

Called them again earlier and the guy was helpful and credited my missing bets while I was on the phone.

No record of my call on Monday though and therefore wouldn't have got my promised callback.

Lee

This has been really frustrating. I got through on Tuesday morning and was told that the free bets would be credited on that day. By the evening I had a message saying that the reason there were no credits was because they had credited the free bets but I hadn't used them in time so they had elapsed ! I fired back a rude email and then when I checked my Corals account they had actually credited the free bets and £20 more than I think I am due ! But it has probably cost me that much in phone calls ! They have been particularly useless.

I used my freebet today. A pity all this because the essex women that take the calls are pretty chatty i find with a nice attitude

Not like the indian call centre that i have with virgin media where you may as well be talking to a bollard

Last edited:
I got through to an Indian call center when phoning William Hill customer support a few years back.

It was relating to an horse not coming under starters orders in a NH race. He told me if the horse has entered the stalls etc. After I'd told him it was a National Hunt not a flat race he replied "What is this National Hunt ?".

End of call.

I used my freebet today. A pity all this because the essex women that take the calls are pretty chatty i find with a nice attitude

Not like the indian call centre that i have with virgin media where you may as well be talking to a bollard

Virgin Media are the worst company I've ever dealt with....and there have been many.

Lied to with the sale...fcked up the installation....threatened with bailiffs...lost all 9 complaint letters/calls and their own engineers said they are a shower

They are the Barcelona of useless....no one else comes close

Last edited:
Back