Craven Meeting

Aragorn

At the Start
As it's the real start of the flat I thought the next couple of days racing deserved a thread of it's own.

I haven't had chance to look at the races in any great depth but I want to be against timepiece. She is taking on the colts early in the year and if she is an oaks filly she is going to have to show plenty of speed over this 1m1f. I am going to oppose her with Prizefighting who was mightily impressive on his debut and Gosden always has them ready for this meeting. He looks like a dark horse for the year and was a big 2yo who I think would have improved over the winter.

In the Nell Gwyn I don't like backing horses on reputation so couldn;t touch Safina. On form Music show is the most likely winner but she didn't beat Atasari by much in the rockfel and again you have no idea on progression so i'm going to go for one out of left field and back Queens grace e/w. On breeding 7f may be a stretch but she really stuck her head out in her last race and represents decent value.

If there was cut in the ground I would have backed Ameer in the 3yo trophy but it isn't so I don't really have an angle on that and I haven't looked hard enough at the free handicap.

Thoughts?

Looks a good card alright today - looking forward to seeing Time Piece in particular - plenty of money for her for the Classics in recent weeks.

Godolphin usually have runners this early?

Some interesting stuff but an absolute minefield as far as punting goes.

Agreed - Not a day to get stuck in but this is always the day on which I feel like the flat truly gets underway.

Gal, I might be wrong but I thought Godolphin left some horses here over the winter? Having said that some of them run at the carnival anyway.

Godolphin normally only back at the Guineas meeting Gal :)

Should make for less guesswork on the yards form next month at least.

Really looking forward to this afternoon's racing. I fancy Ameer (3:00) and Atasari (4:10), but won't be having a bet. Should be a good afternoon to watch.

Also Hislop and Mellish seemed to miss that the runner up Blue Maiden was badly shuffled back at the Bushes and ended up coming from behind the winner . Principal Role looks talented but quirky in third

Nightmare run for Timepiece but Rumoush looks very smart indeed and could step back a furlong surely.

i will be amazed if timpepiece win the oaks she is a one paced filly without turn of foot :)

While I would not rule her out as an Oaks filly, RUK were completely wrong today saying she was unlucky. She made her own bad luck by not being quick enough to take the gaps when they were there.

While I would not rule her out as an Oaks filly, RUK were completely wrong today saying she was unlucky. She made her own bad luck by not being quick enough to take the gaps when they were there.

I disagree in the sense that I think she was unlucky not to be second- Rumoush was clearly the best horse in the race but hampered Timepiece and then Queally failed to extricate her and then rode her up the third horse's backside as the second stopped him manoeuvring out.

She looks a grinder to me and would have been much better ridden more positively.

Back