Curragh Saturday

betsmate

At the Start
What's the weather like guys? Is it drying-out or getting softer?

From Irish Racing:

Going
- Round - Good to Yielding, Straight - Yielding. Weather - Overcast

Sunshine and showers...imagine that forecast going is pretty much spot on. ATR were showing some of the runs at this meeting last year and I forgot how desperate the going was last year for this and virtually every flat meeting at The Curragh.

Last edited:
Murtagh's making a habit of those grinding finishes. Don't think Plan liked the ground at all, as you might expect for his breeding. Crooked Throw was lucky not to go through the fence early on.

After timing is terrible but I backed the Harrington horse (Jumba) in the International...thought he did remarkably well over Derby weekend when Berry rode him like a six furlong horse. Much better ride today and he loves that type of ground.

I think Plan would love better ground but he is a lazy type and probably needs 1m2f. The race Arlington next month would suit him well.

Race I am referring to but I dont know whats the "plan" with him. Mount Nelson and he for the Million and Secretariat double!

Murtagh just hinted at a Group 1 in 3yo company, and there ain't any of those left (over a suitable distance) on this side of the pond!

"After timing is terrible but I backed the Harrington horse (Jumba) in the International.."

I saw Jumbajukiba makes his racecourse debut at Salisbury in August 2005, and when he walked into the pre-parade ring I thought he was an older horse just out for a day at the races, I couldn't believe that he was a 2-y-o, he looked to have the build of a 3-mile chaser. In fact I asked Mark Perrett, one day at Folkestone, if the horse would be tried over hurdles and was told no, his legs weren't good enough to do that.

Well he hasn't done bad for Jessie Harrington has he......a Listed and now 2 x Group 3s.

I can spot them, boyo!!!!:o:o;):)

Back