Curragh Today

Guest_

At the Start
Some really good stuff lined up to run....if anyone is going stick around afterwards as Lillie Langtry, Rip Van Winkle, Jan Vermeer, Steinbeck etc are working after racing.

Easy to see Dixie Music setting the pace with Fame And Glory sitting in behind and taking it up early enough.

Snow Blizzard Sam Curling Turquoise cap
Steinbeck Seamus Heffernan Red Cap

Sail Boat Kieth Dalton Pink Cap
Lillie Langtry Colm O Donoghue Green Cap

Lastofthemohicans Brian O Neill Purple Cap
Yankee Doodle Joseph O Brien White Cap

Quest For Gold David McCabe Orange Cap
Jan Vermeer Johnny Murtagh Yellow Cap

Sword Of Honour Johnny Reid Green and White Cap
Emperor Claudius Sean Levey Blue and Yellow Cap

Table Mountain Steven Crawford Pink and Black Cap
Rip Van Winkle Kaname Tsuge Maroon Cap

Laid him at 1-3 last night before I went to bed-best bookmaker price this morning was 2-5 so I feel vindicated with the 1-3.Pointless having opinions of
you aren't going to back them with hard cash.
As it happens I was in 2 minds about today's racing and decided to swim 50 lengths at lunchtime when I got back I had missed a place lay that won the race and had a modest in running touch on the Tetrarch.Some days it can just fall into your lap.

That is a really promising filly - she looks a real contender for the Irish 1000. Lolly For Dolly wins.

Impressed with how she came through the gap and came away from her rivals - market spoke volumes this morning and with Wayne Lordan rejecting a good mare like Pollen to ride her too.

She looks like a top filly, pretty imposing kind of like Peeping Fawn. Looks like a colt.

Will be interested to hear how snow blizzard goes in that Gallop.

Hardly looks like the Arc winner though being ridden out to beat a load of plodders.

Whats the point in looking like an Arc winner on the 3rd May?

He is not a turn of foot horse, running over a different trip and likely still to being someway off full fitness. I think he would be vulnerable over 10 furlongs on fast ground - but over 12 furlongs with a bit of an ease I think he is up to giving anything a race.

Random annoyance, but I wished the director had stayed with the side-on view for longer as he was making his move.

Fame and Glory did it well, very likely to be a 130+ horse once fully fit , 12f and softer ground.

Imagine the scene -you have been winning nicely all afternoon and reinvesting the profits laying FAG for a 4 figure profit.The race goes off and there is a knock on the door -the snotty kid from next door that you hate looking for his ball in the back garden.All you can think of is you position on Betfair but the illiterate little bastard has problems with English even though it's his first language.when you get back to the telly the result is inevitable.
I bet Veitch doesn't have to put up with this.
Well done to those who kept the faith .
PS -it has been a good weekend punting.

Endless Intrigue thought he was just doing a bit of work there - ears pricked for the final half furlong despite the jockey's urgings. Sums up Weld's record at The Curragh really....most of his do not realise they are there to race!

Back