Curragh Today

Guest_

At the Start
Top class card today.

Lush Lashes is pretty short considering she is returning from such a layoff and when we last saw her she was not the filly she once was anyway. The two O'Brien fillies are interesting but this could easily be just a stepping stone back to bigger targets later in the season. Race to watch.

Glor Na Mara is the best horse in his race but I would be worried about him running again so soon plus the prospect of very fast ground. I thought it was a good maiden that Fred Archer won and I will take him to win it.

It's actually raining quite a bit right now but not sure how long it will last. A couple of miles from the course. If the rain did keep falling I quite like Wild Wind in the Moyglare.

At 33/1 with Ladbrokes I am willing to give Judge And Jury another go in the Flying Five in the hope that this track will suit better than Sandown where he looked likely to win before running out of gas. He is in better form now compared to when he ran unplaced behind Glamorous Spirit in July.

A big punting day for me.I am against Silverhand at Galway in a big way.Triple Aspect looks to the type to go well at The Curragh.

A big punting day for me.I am against Silverhand at Galway in a big way.

What makes you so strong against Silverhand, Luke? Opposition looks thin enough on the ground (One Cool Tornado looks like he will be seen to best effect given a stiffer test and a fence to jump and Duroob has an awful lot to find).

I'd rather be opposing Doransfirth (probably in running) in the handicap hurdle, given that he is a proven weak finisher and up 6lb for a win at Kilbeggan when he benefitted from a canny ride I thought. Some interesting unexposed types in opposition as well.

Glor Na Mara beaten into second - nice win for Cathy Gannon on Dingle View. Not sure what Bolger was thinking running him again so soon just a couple of weeks before the National Stakes....one wonders sometimes.

What a dreadful race for a Group 3 that was . I wonder why Cecil aborted Aviate's trip - she would surely have hacked up with Lush Lashes apparently a light of former years.

There must be some British based fillies doing nothing or waiting for a more competitive race for less money that could have come over and won that.

There is something plainly up with the Hannon yard yet another flop over the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Misty For Me battles well to victory from Laughing Lashes (tail swished a couple of times) with Together in third.

Winner looks to have a great attitude - Memory below form.

3 winners from 48 runners for Hannon this week and looking at the Sporting Life form since the start of the York meeting there are hatfuls of horses ( many well fancied) that have been out with the washing.

Anyone who took a short price about Hannon winning the trainer's championship might be feeling rather worried.

Last edited:
3 winners from 48 runners for Hannon this week and looking at the Sorting Life form since the start of the York meeting there are hatfuls of horses ( many well fancied) that have been out with the washing.

Anyone who took a short price about Hannon winning the jockey's championship might be feeling rather worried.

I had pennies on but had a saver on R Moore winning BBC Sports Personality Of The Year so not too worried.

Trackside -it's my belief that Silverhand isn't a natural hurdler but listed class on the flat.That belief cost me a 4 figure sum today.I backed Cathy Gannons winner at 65 on Betfair and when Silverhand went 1/3 I laid the profits from that bet but in fairness I traded out of the bet.
In a day of ups and downs I had to take on Overdose at odds on after his antics at the start.I then went all in laying Memory at 2.04.
On a wave of success I place laid Fallon for a nice few quid in the Cambridgeshire and a token bet on an outsider at 65.Fallon was in trouble the whole way and finished just outside the money-or so I thought.After 2 minutes I discovered my bet wasn't matched due to Internet failure and 15 minutes later I was shocked to discover Fallon finished 4th by 2 short heads.
A good day that could have been spectacular.

Back