Curragh Tomorrow

Guest_

At the Start
Nice little bank holiday card tomorrow at The Curragh. Were it not for a heavy nights rain last night the going would be verging on fast ground as the weather has been glorious for the last few days. Today again it was a lovely sunny, breezy day from lunchtime onwards and more of the same is expected tomorrow.

Kicks off with a hot looking two year old maiden, probably the strongest yet to be run in Ireland. All the big yards are represented including O'Brien,Bolger, Weld, Prendergast etc. Could see a smart sort emerge from this.

The Tetrarch is a small field but you would be hard pressed to rule any of the runners out. Bruges looked very useful last year but has a long break to over come, Giant War Eagle would probably prefer better ground while the same could be said of Rock Of Rochelle. Alot will depend on how much the course dries out.

The Athasi Stakes looks equally as competitive. It seems the return of Elletelle (the Queen Mary winner) who is facing 7 furlongs for the first time. Dimenticata could win this easily if she wanted to but she has her own ideas about the game, Campfire Glow is likely to be ready for this and she is a Group 2 winner already. The two that interest me are Silver Touch -Mick Channon was out of luck today but this one looks sure to go well - and John Oxx's Sharleez - well touted last season before disappointing on her second run.

The Mooresbridge Stakes year by Septimus, and this year Coolmore have Mount Nelson. Held in the highest regard last season, it will be interesting to see how he goes this year after setbacks put end to a meaningful campaign last year. Noteworthy that they have continued on with him. Dangers include the two fillys Hasanka (talked of as an Oaks filly last year) and Ezima (made big improvements throughout last season),useful stayer Mores Wells and the Gladness Stakes winner Jumbajukiba.

The QR race over 2 miles sees some very smart bumper performers line up including Kimberlite King (good luck Cantoris), Lilywhitedancer, Uimhiraceathair, Themoonandsixpence etc. Preference is for the last named who was pretty impressive last time out.

The day ends with a 7 furlong 3 year old maiden...Trojan Warrior is bred in the purple but has no big race entries whatsoever which is unusual for the yard- hardly a good sign. Market to prove the best guide I would have thought.

Might pop over if its a nice day...as forecast.

Thanks Gal, very hopeful and a decent price to boot. Say hello if you see me around. You won't miss me with the Winning Ways green hat on!!

Literally just glanced at the card (last exam tommorrow before the rest of my life...) but I thought Bruges was the most likely winner of the Tetrarch. Goes on the ground and should be well suited by the trip.

Very tricky card tommorrow though (though a very decent quality to it).

Ger Lyons 2yo is supposed to be decent btw.

Some disappointing efforts by some of the leading contenders in the group races so far. The ground looks pretty tacky.

Kimberlite showed a serious amount of guts today for a horse that was hating the ground and under pressure from a mile out. Very pleased with the run in the end and he plugged on well up the straight. Softer ground is ideal for him and he will stay two and a half no probs. He's off on his hols now and will be back next October when himself and Captain Bondi should give us plenty of fun. Just hoping we can pick up another like them at the sales in a months time!!

Back