Darjina vs Natagora

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
In the Prix d'Astarte today at Deauville. A little ease in the going is likely. Betfair go:

Natagora 3.1
Darjina 3.95
Goldikova 5.3
Nahoodh 7
Sabana Perdida 13

Darjina won this last year on soft ground but her rivals were not up to this year`s standard and whilst I think the Aga filly is a class apart here the ground would need to be good for me to get involved.

No bet race for me, but it looks nicely set up for Natagora if she's not too ring-rusty.

yes
It is quite unusual the Guineas form is weaker than the Poule one, but this year it is quite clear which one was better.

Goldikova , nice fillie, she was impressive last time and looks like a scopey one, she looked a bit green but the form of today is not special as Darjina is quite exposed and is not at her best on this ground.

Nahood very irregular , mixing bad ones with good ones, and she is not now with the inept Channon.

True re Darjina on the ground, but it was soft when she won this last year. Natagora was poor value and worth taking on as the Guineas form is awful like you said further emphasised by Infallible running so poor against some run of the mill colts at Goodwood.

Back