David Johnson-Pipe

harry

At the Start
Both Acambo and Ashkazar withdrawn

Other Pipe horses running??

Storm in a tea cup or a Cat 5 Hurricane brewing?

Goes back to something that Pipe did with a Johnson horse last season Harry. Whatever we think of Johnson Pipe's lucky that he still has the horses for 2008/9

I'm not so sure Pipe Jnr really wants the Johnson horses. Maybe he was making a point?

He certainly doesn't want DJ dominating the yard the way he did in the last years of Marin's reign, when MP was quite ill and not able to resist (or so I've been told by another owner there)

Surely DP could not do without the Johnson horses especially at this time of his career.
Whatever the influence DJ has or hasn't on the yard he is the one who ultimately pays the bills and i would imagine it is quite a significant sum every month.
I could imagine a whole host of trainers who would welcome DJ with open arms.

Apparently Ashkazar's bloods were wrong.

.....when they said "Yeah, man, you could beat this lot silly, man, innit? Alan King be dissin' you man; you shouldn't take no shit off him, man, innit. You deserve plenty of respeck. Isn't it though?" :)

"Surely DP could not do without the Johnson horses especially at this time of his career.
Whatever the influence DJ has or hasn't on the yard he is the one who ultimately pays the bills and i would imagine it is quite a significant sum every month.
I could imagine a whole host of trainers who would welcome DJ with open arms."

hutchy, the irony of your second sentence makes my eyes water with laughter. ocean finance has not been missed in the financial meltdown.

Your final sentence is so far from the truth, if only you knew.I was talking to a trainer last night and the DJ situation is the hot topic at the trainers bars at most current meeting, the big question is what is poor Peter Monteith surviving on, fresh air or a very big overdraft, most of his string are DJ horses remember.

happyaslarry,

Care to expand? Curious

I would guess not, judging by previous form.

I'm not sure I mentioned this before, but when Henrietta Knight lost her David Johnson horses last year she mentioned in a newsletter it was because he couldn't afford to have so many horses spread out among several trainers, and was consolidating (nice word!) his string to save money as the financial climate was hitting his business hard.

For sure, he'll be consolidating due to the financial problem but he has plenty of money stacked away. He's not just reliant on his company, he has tonnes and tonnes from other deals etc.

What does Ocean Finance have to do with anything? DJ owns Commercial First.

Last edited:
Surely DP could not do without the Johnson horses especially at this time of his career.
I could imagine a whole host of trainers who would welcome DJ with open arms.

Not necessarily, if one big owner and his power in the yard and over the trainer drives away other owners - and this has happened in respect of DJ before. I'm not sorry at all that he has had to contract his string - I almost lost the will to live those two seasons he was winning everything

"Surely DP could not do without the Johnson horses especially at this time of his career.
I could imagine a whole host of trainers who would welcome DJ with open arms."

hutchy, the irony of your second sentence makes my eyes water with laughter. ocean finance has not been missed in the financial meltdown.

Your final sentence is so far from the truth, if only you knew.I was talking to a trainer last night and the DJ situation is the hot topic at the trainers bars at most current meeting, the big question is what is poor Peter Monteith surviving on, fresh air or a very big overdraft, most of his string are DJ horses remember.

Are you saying that bills are not being paid?

Back