David Probert

Colin Phillips

At the Start
This name keeps catching my eye on the results page, he rode a winner for Walter Swinburn at Windsor last night.

Before this season his record was one win from 47 rides (0-21 for his yard A. Balding). This year he is 11 from 72 in total (7/16 for A. Balding) for a L.S.P. of £31.50.

I can't say I have watched his riding closely, but could he be this year's William Buick?

He's a tidy little rider and caught my eye last winter riding on the AW, told a few people then that he wa worth keeping an eye on.

Dunno about the next William Buick though - he's good, but not that good! William Buick is one of the most talented young iders we've had in this country for many years.

He looks very small, so may not be the strongest, but looks the ideal 7-lb claimer for these point and shoot horses like My Learned Friend and the thing he won at at Chepstow on Friday night. Also gave a really intelligent ride to one of Emma Lavelles at Kempton the other week.

"He's a tidy little rider and caught my eye last winter riding on the AW, told a few people then that he wa worth keeping an eye on."

Well why didn't you tell us then, Shads? :rolleyes: :D

Back