Dawn Review

Aldaniti

At the Start
Does anyone know anything about this horse?

He was foaled in 1969 & apparently won some big race but I can't find anything :confused:

He is the sire of a friends horse a retired showjumper, her dam was an I draft,

I'm trying to find out who owned/raced him etc I believe he went off to stud in ireland.

Dawn Review was by March Past and out of Ultra Violet. He was rated 103 as a 2yo by Timeform in Racehorses of 1971. He won a Newmarket maiden on his debut and the Windsor Castle at Royal Ascot by two and a half lengths from Mujoon. Switched from T. E. Leader to Mark Prescott as a 3-y-o he was rated 104 in Racehorses of 1972, his sole win that year coming in the Esher Cup. He was rated 105 in Racehorses of 1973, winning handicaps at Kempton, York, Ayr and Newcastle (Harry Peacock Challenge Cup). Won twice as a 5-y-o in 1974 (minor event at Pontefract and Dobson Peacock handicap at Newcastle but didn't seem so good and was rated 94 in that year's annual. Although the Ponte win was a mile and half, his comment states he was best at up to 9f.

How true! I wonder what his temperment was like, his daughter now aged 20yrs old is a chestnut mare with a death wish LOL!

I didn't think it was relevant at the time but it seems so now, but his comment also referred to him as 'a suitable mount for an apprentice'.

Back