DAY 3 - Cheltenham Festival

SteveM

At the Start
2010 Cheltenham Festival

DAY 3 March 18, 2010

Ryanair Chase Grade 2 2m 5f
Previous Cheltenham winners win this. Older horse do fine. Concentrate on first four in betting.

Poquelin 7
Barber’s Shop 8
Voy Por Ustedes 9
Tranquil Sea 8
Planet Of Sound 8
Chapoturgeon 6
Schindler’s Hunt 10
Alberta’s Run 9

Selection: 1) Poquelin/Tranquil Sea 2) Schindler’s Hunt 3) Barber’s Shop/ Planet Of Sound 4) Voy Por Ustedes

Ladbrokes World (formerly Stayers’) Hurdle Grade 1 (4yo+) 3m
Steer clear of 5yos (no 5yo has won this, so unless Mourad is the best 5yo to run in this – which he isn’t – he won’t be winning) and those aged in double figures. The Long Walk and Cleeve Hurdles are key guides. Oppose those who race prominently, just one front-runner has been placed since 1996. Last year’s winner Big Bucks again looks to hold an outstanding chance and hasn’t got Punchestowns to beat this time. Karabak, Tidal Bay and Sentry Duty should be the best place betting propositions.

Shortlist:

Big Bucks 7
Karabak 7
Sentry Duty 8
Tidal Bay 9
Time For Rupert 6
Fair Along 8
Lough Derg 10 ?
Katchit 7
Lie Forrit 6
Mourad 5

Selection: 1) Big Bucks 2) Tidal Bay 3) Karabak e.w. 4) Sentry Duty

I think the Irish could cause an upset in the Byrne Group Plate.

Made In Taipan
In Compliance

And to a lesser extent Jayo

All look well priced.

Nice little Hcp plot by Johnson/Pipe in the Byrne Group Plate with Great Endeavour - leave Our Vic (top weight)in over trip too sharp for him these days, remove his regular pilot, put pilot on 2nd string to claim handy 3lbs - 2nd string wins off a nice 10st 1lb. Did I back it - you bet I did (well I had to being a big fan of the jockey!) - great ride by Danny.

Back