DAY 4 - Cheltenham Festival

SteveM

At the Start
If you're still in one piece by Day 4...

2010 Cheltenham Festival

DAY 4 March 19, 2010

Triumph Hurdle 2m 1f 4yos
I really try to avoid having a bet in the Triumph.

Shortlist:
Carlito Brigante
Alaivan
Soldatino
Secant Star

Selection: 1) Carlito Brigante 2) Alaivan 3) Soldatino e.w.

AB Novice Hurdle 3m
Tell Massini looks the right type and should be difficult to beat in this, although Enterprise Park is on the upgrade and is highly thought of (Mullins).

Shortlist:
Tell Massini 6
Quel Esprit 6 ? (see Neptune)
Enterprise Park 6

Selection: 1) Tell Massini 2) Enterprise Park e.w. 3) Quel Esprit

Gold Cup Grade 1 3m 2½f
Since winning his second Hennessy off top weight I cannot oppose Denman, despite Kauto Star’s brilliant four-timer in the King George and Denman’s subsequent setback in the Aon. The rest will again be looking for the remaining place all being well with the principals. Denman is taken to strip much fitter than at Newbury for historic victory. 7-9yos usually do best, but a 10yo will be winning this year.

Shortlist:
Denman 10
Kauto Star 10
What A Friend 7
Cooldine 8
Madison du Berlais 9
Imperial Commander 9
Tricky Trickster 7
Barbers Shop 8
Money Trix 10

Selections: 1) DENMAN 2) Kauto Star 3) Cooldine 4) Tricky Trickster/Imperial Commander

I've backed Tell Massini again today while the 9/2 is still there. Good momentum behind Enterprise Park though (who I'll probably place bet on course).

I dont like Tell Massini either,
has course form and not a bad level, bad style of racing is a negative for this race, also think he doesnt have the scope of Mullins horse or Shinrock Paddy.

I dont like Tell Massini either,
has course form and not a bad level, bad style of racing is a negative for this race, also think he doesnt have the scope of Mullins horse or Shinrock Paddy.

I believe Tell Massini is just about as perfect a horse as you could get for this race.

Two singles and a double to start the day - Tell Massini (form again highlighted by Reve De Sivola & Chamirey) and Carlito Brigante

Quel esprit 2.40 He can't be running him again unless he's fine and don't forget Willie Mullins implied the other day that he was fancied7-1

Two singles and a double to start the day - Tell Massini (form again highlighted by Reve De Sivola & Chamirey) and Carlito Brigante

Tell Massini currently 33-1 on VC Bet, Are they obliged to pay out on what is presumably an error if it wins ?

Back