Deauville Sunday

sunybay

At the Start
I think Coastal Path was not at his best today, but what was thinking Pasquier riding the horse in that way is really difficult to know.

Dettori , great ride on the godolphin mare in the previous race.

Agreed on both counts ~ Pasquier fell asleep on Coastal Path at halfway and gave him little chance of winning. Frankie was excellent on Folk Opera, effectively stealing the race.

He certainly is at his best when dictating the pace

Maybe Bolger should try him on New Approach - I'm surprised the Sheikh and the Princess haven't demanded it yet tbh! Maybe Manning was part of the deal... I know he knows the horse best, but Frankie has a kindof empathy and finesse which might settle the horse

Last edited:
Dettori was great on Folk Opera....jockeys are a bunch of dopes though...you could see it happening from a long way out.

He certainly is at his best when dictating the pace

Maybe Bolger should try him on New Approach - I'm surprised the Sheikh and the Princess haven't demanded it yet tbh! Maybe Manning was part of the deal... I know he knows the horse best, but Frankie has a kindof empathy and finesse which might settle the horse

Manning has done nothing wrong on the horse.Frankie is hardly setting the world on fire -how many Group 1's has he ridden this season.

Maybe Bolger should try him on New Approach - I'm surprised the Sheikh and the Princess haven't demanded it yet tbh!

For those equally uninformed, Bolger owns the horse's programme until the end of the season.

For those equally uninformed, Bolger owns the horse's programme until the end of the season.

I did say that Manning was probably part of the deal! I don't pretend to be informed about Irish racing - that's what I read this board for {putting up with a great deal of unnecessary rudeness in the process}

Back