Demise

Flame

At the Start
I personally don't like watching horses regress and after tonight's low of all lows for Cesare, soundly beaten in a conditions race at Wolverhampton, surely the time to retire him has come. A former Group winner, he ran well at the highest level on multiple occasions including a solid run in this years Queen Anne. It seem's the wheels have completely fell off since and surely now is the right time to call it a day.

Agreed, the horse inside is probally screeming to be given his retirement but its just the sheer talent and determination that makes you think he's still got it.

In the same race, it was very sad to see former BC Marathon winner Muhannak hate racing in every way possible.

Totally agree aobut Cesare, he's earned a good retirement. James is not usually one to keep a horse going too long... owners' choice? Cheveley aren t; villains but he is a gleding... His record in the last year is still OK on Gd/Soft and if he were mine I'd keep him to that and race him less. Ground is so hard to predict these days though!

Muhannak is an odd case, he's not an old horse and has not had that much racing. Maybe the travelling took too much out of him, or maybe there is a physical problems which RB hasn't pin-pointed yet; b ut he was PU last time out. I would not put RB down as a trainer who over-cooks his horses so I'm sure it's not souring through overtaining. And if a horse gets depressed at Whitbury, it would get deprerssed anywhere! The horse began to regress in Dubai - it does seem to affect a few horses quite badly.

Trainer seemed to think the horse was in great form before his first run this year - which makes it more of a mystery - but has been training him to get a longer trip than he's ever run:
http://www.racingpost.com/news/hors...nly-50-50-for-repeat-breeders-cup-bid/609484/

Back