Denman back in business

• Thread starter Thread starter numbersix
  • Start date Start date
I'd love to see him run in the National tbh ~ if he wasn't quite so good you'd say the race was tailor made for him.

Harry Findlay is interviewed in this year's One Jump Ahead by Mark Howard.

He says that Denman will almost certainly not run in the 2009 National but is a possible in 2010.

Harry Findlay is interviewed in this year's One Jump Ahead by Mark Howard.

He says that Denman will almost certainly not run in the 2009 National but is a possible in 2010.

Be it 09 or 2010, I really hope he goes for the elusive Golden Miller same season double. It is a rare a horse of his ilk comes along - one blessed with a relentlessly high crusing speed and the ability to lump huge weights to vitory in top class handicaps. I guess the last one was Carvill's Hill though his perennial back problems made him a flawed genius. Other than Burrough Hill Lad (who's injury probably stopped him going for the double as I am sure Jenny P would have loved to have had a crack - she did after all with the less talented Garrison Savannah) I guess you'd have to be going back to Arkle as the last horse that would have been capable. So with only 4 real candidates in 40 years, surely Messrs Findlay and Barber owe it to racing to have a crack.

Back